Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Lebara

Re: Lebara

Postby suzi wong » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:58 pm

Paul,
You’re correct about fair use policy,it does not affect us as we’re not residents,but I think all mobile suppliers have the same & one of our friends who is a Spain resident fell foul of this with 02 some time back.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:11 pm

suzi wong wrote:Paul,
You’re correct about fair use policy,it does not affect us as we’re not residents,but I think all mobile suppliers have the same & one of our friends who is a Spain resident fell foul of this with 02 some time back.

Yes, I think the Lebara policy looks manageable maybe though. EE have never said anything even though I'm sure I don't comply, but I think it may be because I pay them £26 per mth and hardly use it! A cheaper one might be stricter. It is my main concern actually, so if anyone living in Spain uses a UK Lebara SIM without a problem I'd be interested to know how they manage it. It seems doable based on those rules I found.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Paul58 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:59 pm

Paul Uden wrote:I am thinking of switching my UK SIM from EE to Lebara. It's only £4.50 per mth on a 12 mth contract for 5Gb of data. I have a dual SIM phone using a Spanish SIM and keep a UK number for various reasons.

Before I take the plunge, has anyone come across any negatives with Lebara e.g. reception, switching (I want to keep my existing number), roaming, fair usage policies etc? I live in Spain and travel frequently. I intend to use one-off e-sims in future for worldwide travel (outside EU).

We use Lebara for our UK sim, we pay £6.90 for 10Gb and 1 hours calls to Spain. It's not a contract as such, as we can stop at any time. We've never had a problem with their fair use policy and are nearly at the end of a continous 3 month stint in Spain. No annoying text about registerng it in UK like our old GiffGaff sim. All in all we're very happy with it.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:24 pm

Paul58 wrote:
Paul Uden wrote:I am thinking of switching my UK SIM from EE to Lebara. It's only £4.50 per mth on a 12 mth contract for 5Gb of data. I have a dual SIM phone using a Spanish SIM and keep a UK number for various reasons.

Before I take the plunge, has anyone come across any negatives with Lebara e.g. reception, switching (I want to keep my existing number), roaming, fair usage policies etc? I live in Spain and travel frequently. I intend to use one-off e-sims in future for worldwide travel (outside EU).

We use Lebara for our UK sim, we pay £6.90 for 10Gb and 1 hours calls to Spain. It's not a contract as such, as we can stop at any time. We've never had a problem with their fair use policy and are nearly at the end of a continous 3 month stint in Spain. No annoying text about registerng it in UK like our old GiffGaff sim. All in all we're very happy with it.

Thank you for that. It sounds promising! I suppose the test will be how your usage in Spain during your 90 days here relates to your usage in the UK in the remaining 30 of the 120 day period they refer to. As I have a Spanish SIM and will use the UK SIM only minimally in Spain I'm hoping I can keep the usage lower than my average use in the UK which could pitentially be much more (especially the data).
Paul Uden

Postby pedrosloggett » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:14 pm

There was a post the other day for 1p network which looked pretty good and cheap as chips.
pedrosloggett

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Lynnjon » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:47 pm

I’m with EE for my UK sim and have a sim only deal at £10 pm. If you ring them and tell them you want to leave because you live in Spain they will want to keep you. Stay firm and don’t accept anything until you get the price and data roaming contract you want. I can end mine anytime but feel it’s a good deal for me. I did it when they told me 18 months ago I had to change my contract !
Lynnjon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul Uden » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:11 pm

Lynnjon wrote:I’m with EE for my UK sim and have a sim only deal at £10 pm. If you ring them and tell them you want to leave because you live in Spain they will want to keep you. Stay firm and don’t accept anything until you get the price and data roaming contract you want. I can end mine anytime but feel it’s a good deal for me. I did it when they told me 18 months ago I had to change my contract !

That's interesting. I too am SIM only, but am hesitant to contact them because I still benefit from free EU roaming as my deal pre-dates the post-Brexit changes. If I take out a new deal my understanding is that I have to pay around £2 per day when in the EU (which is most of the time). Is that not correct?
Paul Uden

Postby Ross Kemp » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:05 am

Lebara Sim card UK or Spain allow you to phone. +1 numbers usa. Canada even jamaica. it also allows you you to phone +1 800 which are toll-free .
Ross Kemp

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Paul Uden » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:18 pm

OK thank you all I will give it a try. My original question was whether there are any negatives and nobody has mentioned any showstoppers.
Paul Uden

Previous