Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Lebara

Lebara

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:30 am

I am thinking of switching my UK SIM from EE to Lebara. It's only £4.50 per mth on a 12 mth contract for 5Gb of data. I have a dual SIM phone using a Spanish SIM and keep a UK number for various reasons.

Before I take the plunge, has anyone come across any negatives with Lebara e.g. reception, switching (I want to keep my existing number), roaming, fair usage policies etc? I live in Spain and travel frequently. I intend to use one-off e-sims in future for worldwide travel (outside EU).
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Re: Lebara

Postby amurny » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:37 am

I found Lebara to be much easier than lobster when travelling - I too am a frequent travelller. The only additional bundles I have had to purchase have been for North America. For use here in Spain no problems encountered.
amurny

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:42 am

amurny wrote:I found Lebara to be much easier than lobster when travelling - I too am a frequent travelller. The only additional bundles I have had to purchase have been for North America. For use here in Spain no problems encountered.

Thank you. I don't want to use it in Spain particularly though, only to receive occasional calls (family) and texts (e.g. bank and HMRC), as I have a Spanish SIM with Finetwork for that. It's a UK SIM I'm looking at. I pay a lot to EE for something I rarely use and thought £4.50 sounded very reasonable.
Paul Uden

Postby suzi wong » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:11 pm

We both use Lebara in the UK,no problems switching number,they use Vodafone network so we have no probs. In UK or Spain.free roaming plus 100 mins to ring Spain from UK evey month,you can text Spain from uK but not Spain from Spain without buying credits.If you log on to momeysavingexpert.com & join through the Martin Lewis link the first 6 months is only £1.99 a month,then £4.90 after. I think you’ll probably need to join with aUK address.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:34 pm

suzi wong wrote:We both use Lebara in the UK,no problems switching number,they use Vodafone network so we have no probs. In UK or Spain.free roaming plus 100 mins to ring Spain from UK evey month,you can text Spain from uK but not Spain from Spain without buying credits.If you log on to momeysavingexpert.com & join through the Martin Lewis link the first 6 months is only £1.99 a month,then £4.90 after. I think you’ll probably need to join with aUK address.

Thank you. I have a UK address so that is not a problem. I plan to make the change next time I am visiting as I think you have to be there to activate the SIM too.
Paul Uden

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:46 pm

No one has mentioned the fair use policy yet. The Lebara website says:

"When roaming in the EU, your roaming usage cannot be greater than your average UK usage within a 120 day period. If Lebara believes your EU roaming usage is greater than your average UK usage, you will receive a warning, followed by a surcharge."

Does anyone living in Spain with a Lebara UK SIM have experience of this? In practice, like I say, I will hardly use it in Spain so maybe if I make sure I use it as much as I can when in the UK I'll be OK?
Paul Uden

Postby 300TDi » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:57 pm

Xenet.es is far better value than Lebara, which has patchy reception in many places.
300TDi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rafal

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:01 pm

300TDi wrote:Xenet.es is far better value than Lebara, which has patchy reception in many places.

Thanks, but this looks like a Spanish SIM. My questions are about a UK SIM for someone who lives in Spain.
Paul Uden

Postby 300TDi » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:28 pm

Paul Uden wrote:
300TDi wrote:Xenet.es is far better value than Lebara, which has patchy reception in many places.

Thanks, but this looks like a Spanish SIM. My questions are about a UK SIM for someone who lives in Spain.

Oh sorry, I never read it properly. I think I was skimming through it really fast. I thought you were looking for a SPanish sim to use in your second sim slot and keep your UK sim as before.
300TDi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rafal

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:44 pm

300TDi wrote:
Paul Uden wrote:

Oh sorry, I never read it properly. I think I was skimming through it really fast. I thought you were looking for a SPanish sim to use in your second sim slot and keep your UK sim as before.

No problem
Paul Uden

Next