Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving

Driving

Postby cheflady » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:45 pm

Hi everyone trying to track a post from a week or so about renewing driving license can we do it in any area we come from Orihuela if we can as anyone got any contact details and lastly do they speak English thanks guys Jules
cheflady

Re: Driving

Postby El Buho » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:49 pm

El Buho

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby marcliff » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:52 pm

There are several places listed in Orihuela that renew the licence for you. Just look up Psicotecnico Orihuela and they come up.

You can go 3 months before your licence runs out and there is no problem renewing it after it runs out but you can't drive once it has.

The centres will do everything for you (I'm assuming you mean renewing a Spanish licence). They will give you the medical, take the picture, complete the forms and submit them. They will also give you a temporary paper licence (valid in Spain only) to show you have applied to change it. Your new licence will then come to you in the post.

Most charge €40 for the medical. If under 70 it is around 25 euro to renew it but free if you are over 70.
Even if a week or so under age 70 you will pay the renewal fee.

The medical is a vision test, a hearing test, a physical evaluation which may consist of BP and blood gases and a couple of coordination tests.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby cheflady » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:00 pm

Thanks we really need a place where they speak English because our translator is I'll. Jules
cheflady

Postby jpeg » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:00 pm

I have been to most in the area and all spoke english last one was in Catral in main street on right side opposite the Pharmacy there is a big advert on side of road as you come from Callosa just after the 2 roundabouts
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Darro » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:31 pm

marcliff wrote:The medical is a vision test, a hearing test, a physical evaluation which may consist of BP and blood gases and a couple of coordination tests.
The medical will include questions about your health in general and you must disclose any issues such as diabetes or other ailments which could conceivably affect your ability to drive safely.

The answers to those could result in a demand for a letter from your doctor and/or a restrictions on your licence.

In essence it's the same procedure as when you first got your Spanish licence but with the addition of any issues which may have arisen since then.

Blood gasses, at the driving test medical?

That would require the drawing of blood for analysis and absolutely does not form part of the examination!
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby marcliff » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:10 pm

Yeah, I meant the oximeter test for oxygen saturation, the one they stick on the end of your finger.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Toonlass » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:04 pm

I changed my licence last year on reaching 70. I went to La Siesta clinic everything was done for me and English was spoken by receptionist, assistant and doctor.
Toonlass

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby cheflady » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:28 pm

Thanks you guys as per usual x
cheflady