Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Bank charges-Sabadell

Re: Bank charges-Sabadell

Postby daz » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:32 pm

If you haven’t had the money paid to your sabadell account yet, don’t let it happen. Instead, notify your lawyer of your Irish account details for the payment, Ireland is euros after all. And it shouldn’t cost you anything much at all.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Spider » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:01 am

What we did was take the Bankers Draft into moneycorp in quesada and paid it into there.
Never took it to Sabadell. I opened the account in the UK, give them a ring and ask them.
Other options is ask your Solicitor to pay the money into a Wise account some Solicitors will do this. But check with them in plenty of time before you go to the Notary.
I have read on other sites where people have done it. If you speak to wise after money in your account they give you a better rate of exchange for a larger sum.
Spider

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby p.edwards6 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:10 am

Transfer the money using SEPA transfers. This is the same as a normal bank transfer and can be sent to any of the 27 Eurozone countries.

Is SEPA same as bank transfer?
A SEPA – or Single Euro Payments Area – bank transfer lets you send and receive cross-border payments in euros. It works the same way as a domestic bank transfer, so long as both countries are inside the eurozone.

Is Ireland in the SEPA zone?
All 27 EU member states (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden) are SEPA countries.

Paul
p.edwards6

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby Wingnut » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:49 pm

Paul is right, take advantage of being in the Eurozone.
However, the last time I looked into this (some years back) the limit for free transfers was €50,000
Above that the bank can invent it's own charges.
So check first and then do transfers under €50k.
Wingnut

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Kingy0 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:14 pm

I'm pretty sure that when all is completed with a sale at the notary you will get a bankers draft. I don't think you get an option to transfers funds? You need to somehow deposit the draft. Usually with a Spanish bank or using a moneycorp currencies direct type.
Kingy0

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Lavender » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:41 pm

Hi,
Please get some professional advice before making a decision. I've sent you a p.m.
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Philipb1407 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:54 am

I had to transfer money between my accounts, there is no cost up to €20,000 for internal transfers. My business has used Currencies direct for 20 years.
To get around high transfer fees, I transferred my Euros at €20k a time 7 times and one €10k to currencies Direct Spanish account, they then transferred £Sterling to my UK Santander account at very favourable exchange rates. I had no fees.
But if you are moving Euro to Euro, why not simply find out the maximum transfer value that’s free of charge! Then every day transfer that amount, if it’s 500k you are moving, and say the limit is 20k then over 25 days you moved it totally free of costs..
Philipb1407

Previous