Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Lifetime Properties opposite Mas y Mas

Re: Lifetime Properties opposite Mas y Mas

Postby AnnetteD » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:59 am

There’s a kfc going into the new units that are being built in Benijofar. I can’t see another one being so close.

On another note, work is being done on the unit next to Pepco, I wonder what’s going there?
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Yan » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:12 am

KFC is definitely going into the new centre on the roundabout between Mercadona and Benijofar. Very unlikely that another one would be created so close to that location and at the same time. But who knows, Over to you Marcliffe?
Yan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul M » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:34 am

That’ll mean a significant drop in the seagull population then
:text-lol: :text-lol: :text-lol:
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby JustGinger » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:16 pm

Steve wilkins wrote:Hopefully at this one they know how to cook Indian food. I've had a few meals from so called Indian restaurants lately that are not fit for the dog.

You've obviously been going to the wrong restaurants then! :-)
JustGinger

Postby Gustav » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:22 pm

Kant Find Chicken,
Gustav

Postby toffeeapple » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:39 pm

I loved an Indian meal/takeaway back in the UK but find over here it's overpriced, portions are small and no taste whatsoever...

And now there's the so called international where some Indian restaurants serve Italian, mexican etc what's that all about?
toffeeapple

Postby Philipb1407 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:24 am

For those who say, please not another Indian restaurant, I have a recipe. I find it so easy..Saves you a lota cash…

First of all you have to go to the Rojales market on Thursday, here a stall sells really fresh spices and teas.
For a few euros, you can buy a bag of Guram Masala and a bag of turmeric. Total €4.00 it will make 12 curries for 4 people..

So for 4 people, 1 heaped teaspoon of both, 1 or2 ice cube size grated ginger the more ginger the hotter it is.., 2 large fresh tomato’s chopped, one or two onion diced, 300-400 gram of Lamb from the chop shop diced into 2 cm cubes, a bunch of Coriander a heaped handful when chopped, a 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper ground, a 1/8th teaspoon of salt optional, a 1/4 cup of olive oil. 1/2 cup of water 1 table spoon plain flour, one chopped chilli. Rice, pitta or chapatti or nan bread.

Fry for 2-3 mins the onion in 2 table spoons of the oil, add the meat, mix all the dry ingredients in the oil except the flour , add to the meat, mix well..add all your other ingredients except the flour and on a very low heat cook for 5 mins.
Transfer to a large oven dish put in the oven on 150/160 cook for 1 hour.. add the flour to a little oil or water and blend, add to curry, mix well cook for 10 mins.. serve..

Tip grate your ginger, fill your ice cube tray, when frozen put into a container and store in the freezer lasts for months, you will probably use it all before it’s too old.
Substitute meats for different meals, minced beef or chicken, braising steak too.. add a 1/2 cup of peas or spinach. Serve with pitta/nan/ chappati or rice.

Between €10- €20 euros for 4 people, or if only 2 of you freeze a half for another day. Or halve the ingredients..If you have a outside kitchen, cook it all in a pan simmer on the lowest heat stirring regularly..
Philipb1407

Postby JustGinger » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:55 am

toffeeapple wrote:I loved an Indian meal/takeaway back in the UK but find over here it's overpriced, portions are small and no taste whatsoever...

And now there's the so called international where some Indian restaurants serve Italian, mexican etc what's that all about?

I agree about the 'international' restaurants. Best avoided!

But please try Zaiqa on Avenida Las Naciones (in the same centre as La Taberna, Pinxtos and Da Silva). Great food, very tasty (they'll spice it up if you want and ask) and plentiful. Also good value at £13.95pp for two courses including a bottle of wine per couple (if you go before 8pm and ask for the early bird menu).

We're regulars and we're from the Bradford area so we know a good (and bad!) curry :-)
JustGinger

Postby toffeeapple » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:23 am

Philipb1407 wrote:For those who say, please not another Indian restaurant, I have a recipe. I find it so easy..Saves you a lota cash…

First of all you have to go to the Rojales market on Thursday, here a stall sells really fresh spices and teas.
For a few euros, you can buy a bag of Guram Masala and a bag of turmeric. Total €4.00 it will make 12 curries for 4 people..

So for 4 people, 1 heaped teaspoon of both, 1 or2 ice cube size grated ginger the more ginger the hotter it is.., 2 large fresh tomato’s chopped, one or two onion diced, 300-400 gram of Lamb from the chop shop diced into 2 cm cubes, a bunch of Coriander a heaped handful when chopped, a 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper ground, a 1/8th teaspoon of salt optional, a 1/4 cup of olive oil. 1/2 cup of water 1 table spoon plain flour, one chopped chilli. Rice, pitta or chapatti or nan bread.

Fry for 2-3 mins the onion in 2 table spoons of the oil, add the meat, mix all the dry ingredients in the oil except the flour , add to the meat, mix well..add all your other ingredients except the flour and on a very low heat cook for 5 mins.
Transfer to a large oven dish put in the oven on 150/160 cook for 1 hour.. add the flour to a little oil or water and blend, add to curry, mix well cook for 10 mins.. serve..

Tip grate your ginger, fill your ice cube tray, when frozen put into a container and store in the freezer lasts for months, you will probably use it all before it’s too old.
Substitute meats for different meals, minced beef or chicken, braising steak too.. add a 1/2 cup of peas or spinach. Serve with pitta/nan/ chappati or rice.

Between €10- €20 euros for 4 people, or if only 2 of you freeze a half for another day. Or halve the ingredients..If you have a outside kitchen, cook it all in a pan simmer on the lowest heat stirring regularly..

:text-goodpost:
toffeeapple

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:52 am

Thanks for the recipe and advice Philpb
I look forward to trying it.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Previous