Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Mercadona digital receipt

Re: Mercadona digital receipt

Postby millies123 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:45 am

Darro wrote:Bricodepot could learn a lesson there, the smallest purchase produces a receipt as long as your arm!

Carrefour is the same 4 receipts
millies123

Which part of Spain are you from?: la Zenia

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:52 am

So, now I've got it, how to you stop it, tried looking but can't see a wait to delete it
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Yan » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:14 am

You’ll probably get loads of Mercadona promo material sent to your phone at regular intervals.
Yan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gustav » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:27 am

Ritchtee wrote:It's an option...
You don't have to have the receipt on your phone .

Can't believe people are getting angry over a receipt

So you agree with digital tracking,your weekly shop being banded around consumer networks, is nothing private they be counting how much lavvy paper you useing next, ho well they will know via digital receipt!
CASH IS KING ,pay cash normal receipt.
Gustav

Postby Bee » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:43 am

I prefer digital receipt as it is there on your supermarket app anytime you want to check the price of something you bought. Whereas the paper receipts get thrown away. I like the supermarket apps as you know what's on offer where. I find it particularly helpful for cat food. Felix pouches are my spoilt cats latest must have. The 40 pouches can range from €28 to €19 depending on which supermarket has them on offer. It is only the older people who seem to have a problem with it. Younger people don't give a toss what you know about them as they are growing up in a digital age and very rarely use cash to buy anything. You can't access most internet sites now without agreeing to cookies. Even this one.

Bee
Bee

Postby Gustav » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:57 pm

Mmmmmmmm chocolate cip cookies
Gustav

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:29 pm

They've deleted my one now. I couldn't even see it properly, it displayed most of receipt but not the right hand side with the totals. I'll stick with paper.
Chrisdee

Postby telmel » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:37 pm

Yan wrote:You’ll probably get loads of Mercadona promo material sent to your phone at regular intervals.

Thats more likely the reason behind it Y, push notifications
Saying that Mercadona rarely have promotions, we use the Gelt money back App , and they are the worse for money back items , less than a third of the offers of Al Campo for example and you rarely see discounts in store, if you do it is just a few cents off even when about to expire
But they are our closest supermarket so tend to use them for this reason
And you need the paper receipt to scan it and send to Gelt , otherwise you cannot claim the discount ???
The other thing is some people dont take their phone to the supermarket because of the risk of theft, i donrt have a man bag or deep pockets so need to leave the phone in the trolley if i do take it, risking it being stolen , so what happens then with the receipt ?
Sometimes it is false economy to cut back on present methods, look what is happening in the UK with self service tills, so much theft with people cheating the scanners , one supermarket has already removed them and gone back to manned tills

https://www.reuters.com/business/retail ... 023-11-10/
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Darro » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:39 pm

Shopped in Mercadona today and at the checkout the girl held up a piece of paper with "Do you want your receipt by email" handwritten on it, I chuckled and declined.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Previous