Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Paul Cunningham Nurses Charity Shop Quesada

Re: Paul Cunningham Nurses Charity Shop Quesada

Postby HPR » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:17 pm

I'm so glad that my original post has raised the profile of Paul Cunningham Nurses. I am sure they will be delighted with your very kind and generous gift. It will help to provide nursing end of life care.
HPR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Philipb1407 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:03 pm

HPR wrote:I'm so glad that my original post has raised the profile of Paul Cunningham Nurses. I am sure they will be delighted with your very kind and generous gift. It will help to provide nursing end of life care.

Thank you, we went to your shop today and bought a birthday card next door, while we waited until just after 10 am, then a lady from the cutting Crewe kindly advised you don’t open on a Saturday, so we have a fire company at our villa Monday, measuring up for a new fire, so it may be after they’ve been, or Tuesday morning. But we will be there.
Have a great day..
Philipb1407

Postby Gustav » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:29 am

Philipb1407 wrote:My wife and I give money to charity every year, we normally do it between 1st November and 15th December when we find a worthy cause.
This year we have given £4750, all but £250.00 away.
So now that we have read your information and website, next week we will give that £250.00 to your shop when we go in.

Our typical gifts are detailed below..
5k to The Quadrangle Stoke on Trent run by Mind for people suffering mental illness, to pay for Christmas party, enough left over to pay for a coach trip to the seaside. Fifty people benefitted
We did this two yeas running.
5k to pay for a funeral.
5k for a lad losing a leg to cancer towards buying a prosthetic leg.
5k to a former nurse 84 years old, her windows and doors were broken she was not safe, so we replaced them all, also her cooker was broken so we bought a new one. AO delivered and fitted it.
1k to buy a 10p poppy, we said we have poppies thanks, please try to sell it on.
3.75k to a child for private mental health services.
£250 left so off it goes to you guys next week. (Sorry it’s in Sterling you’ll have to exchange it)
In six years we will have given 30k. Our maximum is 5k a year..
Next year we will choose your charity along with some others we have earmarked.

We are leaving for England end of next week Schengen rules means we have to leave, I know it’s not a tremendous amount but we hope it helps..

Well done!
It is a tremendous amount,
Anythings good,
Also agree about well known charities and chief executive wages they draw its appalling they take it,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Philipb1407 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:49 pm

What lovely, hard working people are in the shop. If you have never been you should go, it’s well stocked with cheap goodies and what a worthwhile charity this is. It was a pleasure to buy 5 books for €5.00 euro and to give a small gift as promised to help out.
As Arnie says ‘I’ll be back’
Next year I’ll be putting them on the list for a nicer donation and….
No one will know it’s me. I might even wear a mask next time..

Meanwhile back in the bat cave.. my misses bought a learn Spanish book, from this very same lovely charity shop for a €1.00 I feel like Dick Turpin “stand and deliver … your books or your life”..
every time I want something it’ll be ‘ask me in Spanish’
Wait till I can speak it like a native, then you’ll be sorry..
how do you say “make me a cup of tea wench” in Spanish. Mmm where is that book…
Philipb1407

Postby YorkshireLinda65 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:41 pm

The Management and Staff of the Paul Cunningham Charity Shop would like to thank you for your kind donation. It is very good of you.

Your donation will help towards Terminal Care of people within the Community.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Thank you for your kind words regarding the shop.

Linda C
YorkshireLinda65

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Previous