Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas….

Re: It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas….

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:09 am

Christmas means THE MASS OF CHRIST.
HOLIDAYS mean HOLY DAYS.
These politically correct people who choose to drop the use of HAPPY CHRISTMAS and instead insist upon the use of HAPPY HOLIDAYS which are both Christian festivals.
I listened to a pod cast on the radio some years ago and heard that as a nation, ie a Christian nation , we will be overtaken within the next 30 years by the Muslim community because they are reproducing 4 children per family and we are averaging around 2. On top of that, the Christian faith has been abandoned by so many who choose to become atheist. Those of you could have no faith are quietly walking away from a Christian country and allowing it to be taken over by Mohammad ( Muslim). Look at the city of Istanbul, the huge and beautiful church of Sophia which was a Christian church and is now a Muslim place of worship.
That’ll be Spain, Britain and all other Christian countries where people have abandoned the faith of their forefathers.
I live in NI and I thank God that we are a Christian nation. It’s a joy to study the bible and read what God has planned for his people. To know that Jesus came to save us is such a comfort. I couldn’t imagine the thought of death being an empty void. I know that when I die, my spirit will be going to going to where Jesus promised us. “ in my father’s house there are many mansions, I go now to prepare a place for you”

I await an attack but it would be my greatest wish that you would give some thought to your heavenly reward. It’s never too late to ask God to forgive you and experience the feeling of freedom and joy knowing that you have done that. Happy Christmas to you all.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Darro » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:50 am

When someone provides me with incontrovertible proof of the existence of god, any god, then I might think about believing but until then I'm afraid they remain myths and fairy tales.

I might point out that the only reason you are a christian is that you were born into that religion and brought up with it, had you been born elsewhere you could just as easily have been Buddist, Muslim, Jewish, etc. etc, take your pick.

Not an attack, just reasoned argument.

Oh and BTW, remember that the bible was written by man not some imaginary entity.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Steve wilkins » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:19 pm

Mac3blade wrote:Christmas means THE MASS OF CHRIST.
HOLIDAYS mean HOLY DAYS.
These politically correct people who choose to drop the use of HAPPY CHRISTMAS and instead insist upon the use of HAPPY HOLIDAYS which are both Christian festivals.
I listened to a pod cast on the radio some years ago and heard that as a nation, ie a Christian nation , we will be overtaken within the next 30 years by the Muslim community because they are reproducing 4 children per family and we are averaging around 2. On top of that, the Christian faith has been abandoned by so many who choose to become atheist. Those of you could have no faith are quietly walking away from a Christian country and allowing it to be taken over by Mohammad ( Muslim). Look at the city of Istanbul, the huge and beautiful church of Sophia which was a Christian church and is now a Muslim place of worship.
That’ll be Spain, Britain and all other Christian countries where people have abandoned the faith of their forefathers.
I live in NI and I thank God that we are a Christian nation. It’s a joy to study the bible and read what God has planned for his people. To know that Jesus came to save us is such a comfort. I couldn’t imagine the thought of death being an empty void. I know that when I die, my spirit will be going to going to where Jesus promised us. “ in my father’s house there are many mansions, I go now to prepare a place for you”

I await an attack but it would be my greatest wish that you would give some thought to your heavenly reward. It’s never too late to ask God to forgive you and experience the feeling of freedom and joy knowing that you have done that. Happy Christmas to you all.

I have to agree about muslims taking over and that many people in our country have rejected Christianity for various reasons. However, Christmas is simply NOT a Christian festival or holiday. It is pagan through and through and was adopted by the Roman Catholic Church. Nowhere in the Bible will you find any command by Jesus to observe his birthday. In fact, if you read Jeremiah 10 onwards, you will see that they're clearly talking about a Christmas tree and not to observe that custom. Furthermore, there are also many other reasons why Christ was not born on December the 25th. One of them, is that during his birth, the shepherds were out watching over the flocks. They would not be doing that in December as it's too cold and they would of been inside. Having looked into the subject a bit, it's agreed by many that around September, or autumn would of been the most likely time. The bible doesn't say specifically, only gives clues to piece together. Then there's all the Pagan customs from babylon etc which predate it all anyway. But that's another, and lengthy topic in and of itself.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Gustav » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:30 pm

Christ mass,
Gifts,
3 Kings came
Bearing gifts after 25th december,
Spain its 3kings day 6th January a much more celebrated day than Xmas day,
Please correct me if I'm wrong,
Different religions have different days/ dates for gifting presents,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby DaveP » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:37 pm

Well said Mac3blade. Such a shame that so many have such a strong opinion against something they probably know absolutely nothing about
nor do they care or do some homework. The latest message posted on line by Salt Church, Los Montesinos is clarifying the validity and importance of the Bible. Written by many men it is true by under divine inspiration which is why much of the texts around at the time were dismissed and not included. It´s true that Dec 25th was not Jesus birthday but it´s still worth celebrating His birth and opening the way for Salvation for eternity through Him and none other. I´m proud to say I am a Born again Christian and have been since I was 14 years old. Jesus said Í am the way, the truth and the life.. no one comes to the Father but by me. Íf you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Don´t leave it too late and run out of time!
DaveP

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby DaveP » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:49 pm

Salt Church, Los Montesinos Christmas events. (See website saltchurch.es)
Sat 9th Dec 11.00am carols in Montesinos Square
Wed 13th Dec Carol service 6pm
25th Dec Christmas Day service 10.30
Sunday services 10.30am
On Facebook and You Tube.
All welcome. Friendly church with great Biblical teaching from our Pastor Chris Knight. Come and be blessed.
DaveP

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby Steve wilkins » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:10 pm

Sorry Davep but as above, No where in the bible is the instruction to observe Christs birthday. Not by him or the father. There are plenty of feasts that are commanded to be observed, but the pagan festival of Xmas is not one of them. I've read the bible twice and studied certain topics within it so I'm certainly not a novice in all this. Unless of course Jeremiah 10 is talking about another pagan holiday where they cut down trees and decorate them with gold and silver?
Steve wilkins

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:48 pm

I think any religion is a load of old tosh but if it gives comfort to some then good on them. I can take or leave Christmas I really don't care about it. We are celebrating this year as the carers we have are very religious so im going along with it for them.
Chrisdee

Postby suzi wong » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:59 pm

Religious or not,there would be so many less problems in this world if non existed.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Steve wilkins » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:21 pm

suzi wong wrote:Religious or not,there would be so many less problems in this world if non existed.

That's debatable. You could argue that even with no religion, mankind will still be a self serving entity and still cause problems for itself.
Steve wilkins

PreviousNext