Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas….

Re: It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas….

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:39 pm

As long as humans roam the land there will always be problems

Steve wilkins wrote:
suzi wong wrote:Religious or not,there would be so many less problems in this world if non existed.

That's debatable. You could argue that even with no religion, mankind will still be a self serving entity and still cause problems for itself.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby SnowWhite06 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:50 pm

OMG no wonder the world is like it is today if what all the posts are anything to go by. Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, whether you like it or not. All you atheists should just stay home for the whole of December out of the way of the happy people.
SnowWhite06

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:04 pm

SnowWhite06 wrote:OMG no wonder the world is like it is today if what all the posts are anything to go by. Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, whether you like it or not. All you atheists should just stay home for the whole of December out of the way of the happy BLIND FAITH people.
Chrisdee

Postby Benbow » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:15 pm

suzi wong wrote:Religious or not,there would be so many less problems in this world if non existed.

:text-goodpost:
Benbow

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Philipb1407 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:54 pm

Chrisdee wrote:
SnowWhite06 wrote:OMG no wonder the world is like it is today if what all the posts are anything to go by. Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, whether you like it or not. All you atheists should just stay home for the whole of December out of the way of the happy BLIND FAITH people.

This was my original post, and I am an atheist, but I was stating that the word “Christmas” was being removed and replaced with “winter or holiday”, although I don’t believe in the supernatural like god, I am fully aware of Jesus Christs actions and teachings, as are most atheists.
I along with many who don’t subscribe to religions or supernatural beliefs enjoy Christmas, we like the idea of Santa Claus, we also see the benefits of the life of Jesus. We just don’t believe in God and worship.

But we do believe in the kindness and caring of good men to their fellowmen and fellowwomen. We believe in equality, fairness, law and order, kindness and respect. We believe human life is precious and should not be taken except from those who illegally take human life. We believe that all people should be given the chance to improve their lot and helped to their full potential, we understand that for some this is not achievable and therefore do not judge.

But we will not be removed from society because of our way of life and we too will enjoy Christmas, we will sing carols, we will eat a Christmas meal, and we will wish people a peaceful and happy Christmas.
So in this season to be jolly here is my best wishes for Christmas to you all.
Philipb1407

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:16 pm

Reply to Darro

Many years ago when my beloved father was very ill , I asked him if he was scared to die. Daddy thought fir a while and replied that he was I told him that I believed that he would be guided by someone who loved him I was then asked if I believed this to be true so I told him about my aunt who I was caring for as she died from cancer. One morning she told me how she’d had a strange dream. Apparently she saw this very intense light and was going towards it when she saw her Uncle John smiling at her and welcoming her with arms out. After she died, I watched the late Doris Stokes talking about death. When she talked about the intense light and loved ones at the other end, I was shocked. Anyway, I’ll cut to the chase. The night Daddy died during the night, I’ll never forget his face. ( he’d been in a coma before) His eyes were wide open and he was looking towards someone with great surprise and joy.
My husband and I took Spanish classes a few years after this. We had a class Christmas dinner party. I was seated beside a lovely girl who was a nurse. I told her this story about Daddy’s face and she told me that she had seen this many, many times in her professional career. My heart filled with joy. I was out for dinner sometime later with a group of old friends. One of them was talking about her late father and I asked her what his face was like at the point of death. Yes, you’re right, exactly the same as my father’s face.
Many of you may choose to think I’m a nutcase and many of you may feel warmed by my testimony.
You asked me for something tangible and now I’ve shared this with you. There is no lie or exaggeration in my story.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby DaveP » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:40 am

Actually Steve I never said we were commanded to celebrate Christ´s birthday. I´m well aware it´s a pagan ritual but an opportunity to appreciate that He was born (no-one knows the actual date.. prob around September as someone has suggested) and give everyone an opportunity to be thankful that the Son of God came to this earth to die in our place for our sin. Only while you're alive can you acknowledge such an amazing act.. if you leave it until you die you are too late!
DaveP

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby Steve wilkins » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:43 pm

DaveP wrote:Actually Steve I never said we were commanded to celebrate Christ´s birthday. I´m well aware it´s a pagan ritual but an opportunity to appreciate that He was born (no-one knows the actual date.. prob around September as someone has suggested) and give everyone an opportunity to be thankful that the Son of God came to this earth to die in our place for our sin. Only while you're alive can you acknowledge such an amazing act.. if you leave it until you die you are too late!

No you didn't DaveP. And i'm not sure i said you did. I mentioned to the OP that Christmas is not Christian nor should it be observed if you are one. You did however say that it was still worth celebrating Christs birthday and later went on to plug Christmas day celebrations at your church. I would have to ask questions of any church (from a scriptural standpoint) in why they are celebrating Christs birthday by holding services on the 25th of December, when the bible clearly teaches NOT to follow Christmas.

Apart from that, i agree with many points you raise.
Steve wilkins

Postby Darro » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:48 am

SnowWhite06 wrote:All you atheists should just stay home for the whole of December out of the way of the happy people.
Who says atheists are not happy people, I'm perfectly happy thank you very much

Let's call spades spades though shall we, ALL religions are cults as witnessed by the unshakable faith of their adherents in the face of any common sense or logical argument which goes to the contrary.

Example: Creationism -v- Evolution, there are unlimited demonstrable examples of the latter but not one single example of any type of the former.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:16 am

When people are dying and they mention seeing their dead relatives and white lights, it's probably their brain playing tricks, it's beginning to shut down and they hallucinate as the brains not getting as much oxygen as it should and chemicals in the body are all over the place but if they are comforted by this in their last moments, good
Chrisdee

PreviousNext