Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas….

Re: It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas….

Postby Gustav » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:17 am

So,
What's the basis of the saying
"There's always light at the end of the tunnel"
Is that the tunnel of life?
Is it referring to the bright lights people have been known to say they see before they die,?
But if they going to die and they see a bright light they must be dead already, so how do they speak when they dead and confirm they seen the bright lights,
Or is it a long tunnel?
Confusing or what,
Anyone carry 2 old pennies to pay the ferryman,
I knew an old chap when I was a child always had 2 in his waistcoat pocket next to his watch,I asked why he had them , he told me
"To pay the ferryman"
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Steve wilkins » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:45 am

The bright lights and seeing relatives at the time of death thing puzzles me. Biblically speaking, it says that when someone dies, you go to sleep in the grave and await resurrection when the time comes. No going to heaven or hell nor catching up with old dearly departed friends or anything like that. From that account, i would have to take the stance that it's your brain dying as Chrisdee said, and that's why you hallucinate. Then again, maybe God does send people a vision in order to comfort them?

As for creation vs evolution debate, i think it's obvious that this world was put here via intelligent design and is not just the product of random chance. I also believe in evolution. I mean just look at this topic. It went from talking about xmas to seeing bright lights when you die lol.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:09 pm

The Lord works in strange ways. No question about it.
There’s a great saying which I love “ THERE’S NONE SO BLIND AS HE WHO WILL NOT SEE”. and another is simply “ The blind leading the blind””
One of the most popular songs known worldwide is AMAZING GRACE. We all know it but do you know it’s origin? A slave trader , back in the 1700’s called John Newton was returning with a ship full of slaves when they encountered a hell of a storm and it looked like there was no hope of ever making it to dry land. John called out to God to save them ( an atheist) The ship was off the coast of Ireland and they made it to in Co. DONEGAL where he stayed for some months. Newton returned to slavery for a couple of years but God had entered his life. Everything changed in his life, he wrote the hymn based on his near death experience and became a Church of England priest.
Google for yourselves. Amazing Grace, we all know the words. I implore upon you all to think about your refusal to believe .
I for one don’t accept Chris’s theory. Every human being has the Holy Spirit in them . Do not turn your back on salvation.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Sage » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:34 pm

I agree it's a Merry Christmas. So much so that I've erected a large red flashing sign in my front garden that flashes Merry Christmas every 3 seconds. It can be seen at least a hundred yards down the road and who knows maybe it can be seen from space. Ain't Christmas great ?
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Darro » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:20 pm

Steve wilkins wrote:As for creation vs evolution debate, i think it's obvious that this world was put here via intelligent design and is not just the product of random chance.
You may think it obvious but I certainly do not so please educate me, what am I missing?
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Steve wilkins » Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:18 pm

That's a really expansive topic Darro and i really can't be bothered elaborating too much. If you read the bible and consider what it says, and look into evolution and it's arguments, plus look how everything on this planet is aligned perfectly in such a way to sustain life, and how complex and diverse that is, it's incredible. All to happen by chance and the throw of a dice? I don't think so. But that's my conclusion.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby blingle » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:19 pm

Mac3blade wrote:The Lord works in strange ways. No question about it.
There’s a great saying which I love “ THERE’S NONE SO BLIND AS HE WHO WILL NOT SEE”. and another is simply “ The blind leading the blind””
One of the most popular songs known worldwide is AMAZING GRACE. We all know it but do you know it’s origin? A slave trader , back in the 1700’s called John Newton was returning with a ship full of slaves when they encountered a hell of a storm and it looked like there was no hope of ever making it to dry land. John called out to God to save them ( an atheist) The ship was off the coast of Ireland and they made it to in Co. DONEGAL where he stayed for some months. Newton returned to slavery for a couple of years but God had entered his life. Everything changed in his life, he wrote the hymn based on his near death experience and became a Church of England priest.
Google for yourselves. Amazing Grace, we all know the words. I implore upon you all to think about your refusal to believe .
I for one don’t accept Chris’s theory. Every human being has the Holy Spirit in them . Do not turn your back on salvation.

So would you not agree that a group of people following something of which there is NO proof, andtwho are led to believe things told by their "leaders" is a reasonable definition of a cult???
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby blingle » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:20 pm

Darro wrote:
Steve wilkins wrote:As for creation vs evolution debate, i think it's obvious that this world was put here via intelligent design and is not just the product of random chance.
You may think it obvious but I certainly do not so please educate me, what am I missing?

There's definitely no intelligent design in humanity. If there was, teeth would be made of granite!!!

:text-lol:
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Philipb1407 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:37 pm

Mac3blade wrote:The Lord works in strange ways. No question about it.

The quote of so many The Lord Works in Strange Ways. A bit convenient.
Lets look at the real issues of God, it is said that God is perfect that God created everything in 6 days taking the 7th off to rest. Throughout the whole references to God, this geezer is one incredible entity.
Ok so let’s say we will believe, So god Created man and woman, he also created good and evil, Disease and viruses, Cancer and AIDS. And a host of other things that can kill or maim man, the very thing God created!. Why? Why would god create evil or sickness. Ok you’re gonna blame the Devil, but Gid created the devil, youvalready confirmed it, why would God create the Devil.
To believe in god you have to have blind faith, you said it, “there’s none as blind as he who will not see” well Atheists are those who opened their minds as well as their eyes..
Philipb1407

Postby Gustav » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:01 pm

"May you be in Heaven,
30mins before the Devil knows your dead"
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext