Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Clean wall

Clean wall

Postby kjellv » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:08 pm

hi I want to clean / remove dirth as you see on the picture on my walls, any suggestion what to put on / how to clean this.
kjellv

Which part of Spain are you from?: Done Pepa, Quesada

Re: Clean wall

Postby Welshboy » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:21 pm

Jet spray...easiest option
Welshboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Philipb1407 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:16 pm

This is dirt that is similar to road traffic dirt in that it is air pollution that lands on your flat surfaces then when it rains it runs down your walls, combined with dirty rain, a good car shampoo without wax is something you should try, with a clean paint roller, roll neat shampoo all over the wall go over and over it pressing quite hard, leave it on for a while say 45-60 mins, then do it again, on the second go leave only a few mins then power wash it, make sure if there is loose material you avoid it fully. You should end up with very clean walls. I did mine it came up great, but I had a different wall covering.
Philipb1407

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:19 pm

I use Flash with bleach. I spray it on and leave to clean. Works every time.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Huggys » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:31 pm

I use mould spray to remove stains like what you have . Wet small bit of wall at a time with water then use spray & a hard hand held brush. Scrub in spray leave 15 minutes or so depending on how badly marked then wash off with water & repeat again . With our white painted walls you see a big difference the next day . If very bad leave spray on all night & wash next day
Huggys

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela Costa

Postby Benbow » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:21 pm

Welshboy wrote:Jet spray...easiest option

Don't jetwash, you'll damage the surface.
Benbow

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Brewingdog » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:02 pm

Mac3blade wrote:I use Flash with bleach. I spray it on and leave to clean. Works every time.

Hi, what mix of bleach to flash do you use. I have the same problem and would love to get it cleaned off.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:17 pm

I buy the readymade bottle of Flash with Bleach in Iceland. I use it at home on my work surfaced , toilets, basins etc., I’m sure you could use an old spray bottle and put about 1/3 bleach, 2/3 water and a good squirt of Fairy liquid in too. Give the closed bottle a good shake and away you go.
In Spain , my mugs are always brown ( tannin stained), I spray the Flash into it and rinse it off. Great stuff.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca