Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Parking or not

Re: Parking or not

Postby Philipb1407 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:40 pm

Philipb1407 wrote:One side of my road has no parking lines the side I live on has for the full length white short lines. The people across the Road park on my side, out of curtesy maybe the law, the double gates to my house has a dropped kerb, no one parks blocking this exit, there is a car rental business on the side street opposite my house, it looks like it has 15+ cars many times the cars are parked outside my house. It does not bother me, it’s not even an inconvenience. I have spoken to the owner, he’s a nice guy trying to make a living. As long as I can get on my driveway or park across my drop kerb it’s not a problem.

Try to speak to your neighbour first, apologise for using causing him parking difficulties, ask him if you can work together to ensure you both have a parking spot. He may appreciate your tact and work with you. If he is still aggressive, ask what his problem is. That you are trying to be friendly and helpful, that if he continues to be aggressive, you will park in his perceived space whenever you can, causing as much inconvenience as you can, but the alternative of working together, which benefits him…

You can’t please everyone all the time. See what happens then make your choices.

Hey John, speaking to a police man, he informed me that there is no designated parking per house and that you may not:

1: park at the side of painted yellow kerbs
2: park on the pavement
3: block a drop kerb
4: park on a crossing
5: park in a designated disability zone unless disabled with a permit.
6: park so as to block a street or road

You may park your vehicle on any section of parking on a road at any time anywhere including right outside their pedestrian gate, except if council signage forbids it. The area of white lines are for anyone to park there. Your neighbour does not have any preferential right to park outside his house..
Do not be intimidated. Park where you want, if they block you in with their car call the police and they will tow away their car and it will cost a lot for them to get it released. Just do not block a drop kerb.
Philipb1407

Re: Parking or not

Postby John C Rush » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:28 am

That's precisely the information for which I was hoping. I will remain polite at all times but I can relax if I NEED to park there occasionally
Many thanks.
John C Rush

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Previous