Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Parking or not

Parking or not

Postby John C Rush » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:26 pm

Hi everyone, hope you can shed some light on this.
A new neighbour has asked me not to park outside his house because the space is "Designated"
So as a good neighbour I wont park there unless say unloading shopping etc-
Is it a fact that the parking (White dotted lines) areas are Designated to a particular person or property
Im talking about the white dotted lines, up and down the side of most roads here in Rojales and Quesada
I have to say that the person in question was quite aggressive towards my wife...its not the way to get on with your neighbours really ..is it???
Thanks for any feedback
John
John C Rush

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Parking or not

Postby brandyboy » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:50 pm

Some people are very possessive about parking spaces, particularly outside their own home. Knowing this I do my best to stay away from parking where it’s likely to cause a confrontation with a neighbour. If I can park outside my own house, why would I want to park outside my neighbour’s house. You’re asking about designated spaces. If you are told there’s no such thing, what will you do?
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Mjt222 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:44 pm

If the lines are just white dotted then they are NOT designated, if there is a VADO then no one, including the house owner can park across that area, but in general the answer to your question is no, it’s not designated
Mjt222

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Gustav » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:12 pm

Ask some forum members to come and park in your street,
To prove the point of no designated spaces along the street,
After all it is xmas,
Good will to all etc!
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby telmel » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:57 pm

Its not worth the hassle
If he is a nasty piece of work he might damage your car when you are not around
I remember years ago going to visit my brother in law who moved to aberdare south wales
Parking was very tight even then but i managed to find a space outside his terraced house , but a little distance away and there were no parking restrictions showing
I pulled in and next thing i heard a pop
I got out and saw a glass bottle sticking in my front tyre that was now knackered
When i got the cases into his house and told him he said it was the neighbour, he always left glass in the kerb to stop people parking outside his house, ironically he didn't even own a car
I wish he had warned me, that was one expensive parking one new tyre later, and it wasnt worth confronting him as i had no proof , besides i could have suffered more damage during my stay
With foresight i could have put his window in when i left , but then my brother in law would probably have suffered with him
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Benbow » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:24 pm

Tell them to bugger off!
Benbow

Postby Bee » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:12 pm

No they wouldn't be designated but it is common courtesy to leave the parking space outside your neighbour's house for his car and the one outside your own house for your car. Do I take it people who own property on the street/road/avenue just park wherever they can find a parking spot.

Bee
Last edited by Bee on Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby John C Rush » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:41 pm

Thank you everyone, very interesting points.
There are no parking spaces on my side of the road.
I will avoid parking outside my neighbours house unless it's for unloading etc.
Just wanted the facts so I can politely inform him the next time he shouts.
John C Rush

Postby Philipb1407 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:32 pm

One side of my road has no parking lines the side I live on has for the full length white short lines. The people across the Road park on my side, out of curtesy maybe the law, the double gates to my house has a dropped kerb, no one parks blocking this exit, there is a car rental business on the side street opposite my house, it looks like it has 15+ cars many times the cars are parked outside my house. It does not bother me, it’s not even an inconvenience. I have spoken to the owner, he’s a nice guy trying to make a living. As long as I can get on my driveway or park across my drop kerb it’s not a problem.

Try to speak to your neighbour first, apologise for using causing him parking difficulties, ask him if you can work together to ensure you both have a parking spot. He may appreciate your tact and work with you. If he is still aggressive, ask what his problem is. That you are trying to be friendly and helpful, that if he continues to be aggressive, you will park in his perceived space whenever you can, causing as much inconvenience as you can, but the alternative of working together, which benefits him…

You can’t please everyone all the time. See what happens then make your choices.
Philipb1407

Postby John C Rush » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:23 pm

Thank you and yes all good valid points.
Turns out he hasn't moved in yet but the initial 'chat' are seriously one way.
We will still be polite to him.
John C Rush

Next