Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Changing to Octopus Energy

Re: Changing to Octopus Energy

Postby Jabberwocky » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:48 pm

Click my link on first post, it shows tariffs...
Jabberwocky

Which part of Spain are you from?: Close to Torrevieja

Postby RJC » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:08 pm

Are you on Octupus3 tariff?
Certainly look good!
How does it compare to Iberdrola?
RJC

Postby Jabberwocky » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:37 pm

On Solar Tariff with good return for excess energy fed back to the grid.
Jabberwocky

Which part of Spain are you from?: Close to Torrevieja

Postby suzi wong » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:04 pm

RJC wrote:In all the above, no mention of the tariffs as such
In the UK, Octopus known for its excellent service but not the cheapest
How do they compare in Spain?

Scroll to bottom of first page then click on octopus UK,
We use in UK,approx.26p /K/w, double the Spain prices,but that’s due to the green taxes subsidies mainly.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Singer » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:58 pm

It looks tempting. Do Iberdrola charge an exit fee when you leave them? (Assuming you were with Iberdrola before, of course.)
Singer

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby suzi wong » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:02 pm

Be careful,we’ve just worked our bills out,the octopus standing charges look more expensive daily than Iberdrola.If we’ve worked it out right as a non resident we would break out about even, As a full time resident you may save some money with regular larger bills.If we’ve done it correct August when kids are here we’ve save about €20 ,but lose around €12 months we’re not here.Hope we’ve done it right as standing charges are a bit confusing with different price for different periods of the day.
suzi wong

Postby Paul58 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:52 pm

suzi wong wrote:Be careful,we’ve just worked our bills out,the octopus standing charges look more expensive daily than Iberdrola.If we’ve worked it out right as a non resident we would break out about even, As a full time resident you may save some money with regular larger bills.If we’ve done it correct August when kids are here we’ve save about €20 ,but lose around €12 months we’re not here.Hope we’ve done it right as standing charges are a bit confusing with different price for different periods of the day.

I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion.

I'm with Iberdrola (5.75Kwh) and pay 0.09 euro per day for peak and 0.014 for off peak (capacity standing charges per day).
Octopus "relax" are quoting 0.089 euro peak and 0.023 off peak (tax not included on both). That's 5.75 x 0.009 (difference) x 365 (days) or 18.90 euro extra per year.

It's their all day tariff of 0.123 which beats my lowest tariff of 0.127 (8 hours) and I'm paying 0.217 for the rest of the day.
It's a no brainer for us to switch.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby suzi wong » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:54 pm

Paul58 wrote:
suzi wong wrote:Be careful,we’ve just worked our bills out,the octopus standing charges look more expensive daily than Iberdrola.If we’ve worked it out right as a non resident we would break out about even, As a full time resident you may save some money with regular larger bills.If we’ve done it correct August when kids are here we’ve save about €20 ,but lose around €12 months we’re not here.Hope we’ve done it right as standing charges are a bit confusing with different price for different periods of the day.

I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion.

I'm with Iberdrola (5.75Kwh) and pay 0.09 euro per day for peak and 0.014 for off peak (capacity standing charges per day).
Octopus "relax" are quoting 0.089 euro peak and 0.023 off peak (tax not included on both). That's 5.75 x 0.009 (difference) x 365 (days) or 18.90 euro extra per year.

It's their all day tariff of 0.123 which beats my lowest tariff of 0.127 (8 hours) and I'm paying 0.217 for the rest of the day.
It's a no brainer for us to switch.

With iberdrola our standing charspges are slightly lower than yours, we pay .084 peak & .011 off peak,but we are on the day night plan so we pay 10 hrs peak but 14 hrs, off peak compared to your 8 hrs. Offpeak,that’s 6 hrs a day x 365 days,I’ll work it out again when I can summon up the patience to do it,but out of 12 months we only have one expensive month in the school hols.We only do about 100days a year here spread over coming every 5 or 6 weeks,so we have quite a few months when all we pay are the standing charges.
suzi wong

Previous