Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Heating put on ..

Heating put on ..

Postby Philipb1407 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:50 am

Well last night it was cool.. no it wasn’t it was cold! Yep so the central heating was put on.. we were like 2 bugs in a rug, it was lovely.
So in September 2022, we bought 3 full gas bottles we have a 6 bottle gas central heating system on a combi boiler. We had 3 full so since September 22 we have not had to use our central heating and only used the gas for hot water. Showers etc..We have managed to be here for 29 weeks when we go end of this week adding up since September 22. We have had family visits of 2 people for a total of 9 weeks and additional 3 people for 10 days. Our gas is still going, 3 bottles still unused and three bottles getting low but still going strong, If I remember I think we paid about 15 euro per bottle. There are great benefits from being in Spain. Compare that to just my standing charges in the UK 54 pence per day 365 days a year rip off GB eh!
I wonder if I could change my system to bottled gas in the UK, oh wait a min bottled gas in the uk is what £35 a refill. Yep rip off GB…
Philipb1407

Re: Heating put on ..

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:22 am

Make the best of the warm weather in Spain, it’s COLD over here but the towns and cities are all dressed for Christmas and it’s a joy to see them. Many people have their trees up already but we’ll wait for another week or two. I plan to illuminate some trees and the front of the house if I can manage to get all the lights up.
If the heat isn’t switched on in our homes then it’s absolutely Baltic. Really bitter. I have a big dehumidifier which also acts as a heater which heats our kitchen perfectly. Once we walk into the halll, the cold hits so the heating is switched back on again. We had our house completely reinsulated some years ago. We changed all the windows and doors as the old ones were mahogany framed double glazed but decided to pot for upvc. Now, we are being advised to triple glaze so no doubt the windows will have to be changed sometime in the future.
I’d love to visit a house in Spain with central heating to witness just how hot it really is. We have our house set up to be warm but nothing like I imagine a centrally heated house would be. Money well spent.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby camionpilot » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:04 am

Bottled gas in the UK attracts a rebate if you use a bank of 40kg bottles and that is your sole method of heat, used to be nearly 40% when i used it to heat my workshop .
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby bryancycling » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:51 am

In UK we are ‘off grid’ so no mains gas. We use 47kg bottles for central heating & hot water at £75 each including delivery, Summer is cheap but Dec/Jan/Feb can be 2 bottles/month. Never calculated it but guess it would even out over 12 months.
bryancycling

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby Mike B » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:26 pm

I've just bought two gas bottles at a coat of 22.55€ each. Fair increase from last year when the last one I bought was about 17.40€. Cost of living eh.
Mike B

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Rojales.

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:41 pm

I had to pop around to a friend's house the other day, it's huge 4 sets of patio doors in he lounge and everything open plan. It was a chilly evening but so nice and warm inside, he had under floor heating and central heating, I noticed the grids in the wall by the ceiling. He has quite a few solar panels and he says it costs almost zero, even the pool was 24 degrees (had a glass cover?. Lovely.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Gustav » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:47 pm

Mike B wrote:I've just bought two gas bottles at a coat of 22.55€ each. Fair increase from last year when the last one I bought was about 17.40€. Cost of living eh.

Was €18.35@ Hiperber rojales when I looked friday gone
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada