Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Want a electric fire instead of gas..

Re: Want a electric fire instead of gas..

Postby Philipb1407 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:48 am

The reason I want to go to electric fire is that they can be controlled on the internet plus I prefer electric.
My home UK has everything controlled on the net, from glass TV, smart lighting, central heating, hot water, cooker, electric fire, security systems. Next I’m having the locks connected.

Similar I’m hoping to have my villa operating the same way, this allows me to control all the access, security, heating, lighting, TV etc.. from my smart phone/ipad

Our current Gas fire in Spain is open, it causes no condensation nor damp, there again we don’t have damp since we had a damp proof course fitted 6 years ago, prior we had damp on some exterior walls, it’s never come back so we think the DPC solved the issue. The gas fire does not leave any soot waste or allow fumes in the house, but it does not seem efficient in that the flames seem to all go up the chimney along with the heat!…

Although we have a great central heating system in Spain it’s very difficult to get instant heat, like you get from a fire, today is cold and damp, it’s taken from 07.30 to 08.15 to get a comfortable warmth in the house, yet if you turn on the gas fire it takes less than a minute to feel the benefit, but I don’t like gas fires. The house is warm and the heating is off now, so if I go outside and it’s cold then come back in, I just turn the fire on for 10 mins, the central heating radiators are warm in a minute or two but it takes some time near on 45 mins to warm the whole space up.

I’ve found a nice electric fire in the uk, it will fit in the existing fire place if I remove the marble slab and have a new slab fitted with the correct size oblong hole cut out for the fire to fit into. Then it’s just a matter of capping off the gas pipe in the cassette outside and lifting the gas fire out, and having a wire run under the house and a new fused electric socket installed next to the fire surround.

So any recommendations for someone to cap the gas pipe in the cassette and install my fire and electric socket professionally would be most appreciated..
ps: after we leave.. Schengen rules stop me returning now for 90 days..
Philipb1407

Postby Gustav » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:35 pm

Thats a novelty,
A damp course fitted in a spanish build,
Please advise who fitted it please, I am interested,
They don't sell the dp membrane at builder merchants that the width of brick or block, only in meter width sheet/rolls for attaching to walls with rawl bolts or simular when building from new when access to walls is easier.
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Philipb1407 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:03 pm

Gustav wrote:Thats a novelty,
They don't sell the dp membrane at builder merchants that the width of brick or block, only in meter width sheet/rolls for attaching to walls with rawl bolts or simular when building from new when access to walls is easier.

It’s not so unusual, lots of companies do it in Spain, I know several people who had it done at the same time as me..
I’ll have to dig out the invoice as I can’t remember the name of the company I used, mine was a injected course outside the building and on all the internal supporting walls, I think it cost €860. 00. But it’s a long time ago.. however it stopped the damp immediately, I’ve had no problem since, if you search damp proofing services in the internet, there’s a few companies including the company bricks and motar doing it..
I do recommend it, if I have the invoice here I’ll come back with a name, and contact number. If not I’ll look in the UK.
Philipb1407

Postby Philipb1407 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:57 am

Philipb1407 wrote:
Gustav wrote:Thats a novelty,

It’s not so unusual, lots of companies do it in Spain, I know several people who had it done at the same time as me..
I’ll have to dig out the invoice as I can’t remember the name of the company I used, mine was a injected course outside the building and on all the internal supporting walls, I think it cost €860. 00. But it’s a long time ago.. however it stopped the damp immediately, I’ve had no problem since, if you search damp proofing services in the internet, there’s a few companies including the company bricks and motar doing it..
I do recommend it, if I have the invoice here I’ll come back with a name, and contact number. If not I’ll look in the UK.

Sorry can’t find the invoice in my files, it was 6 year ago!. I’m sure it was something like Costa damp proofing services or something like that . It took the guy 2 days to drill holes very close to each other all around the property, then pump in the DPC, then he used a pump that filled all the drilled holes and re-rendered with the same outer coating then repainted it. Both in and out, however one wall had a lot of damp internally, he removed the plaster, drilled the holes, injected, then filled the holes, he came back a few days later, re plastered the wall and came back a week later painted it and checked all his work. Then I paid him. You could not see where he had done the work and he cleaned up after himself. As I said that was six years ago. Still not one bit of damp since, no mold, no steamed up windows. … perfect.
Philipb1407

Postby jpeg » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:10 pm

You can buy the damp proofing kits on Ebay.es
and easy to do if you are ok drilling holes

https://www.permagard.co.uk/damp-proofi ... conditions.

https://www.ebay.es/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... C&_sacat=0
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Previous