Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Want a electric fire instead of gas..

Want a electric fire instead of gas..

Postby Philipb1407 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:14 am

Our lounge with full central heating gets just a little too warm until it’s dark, during the day and early evening we would like to have the fire on but don’t like gas. We would prefer electric.
We have a concrete and brick fire surround with a gas fire in side, I don’t want major surgery on the fire place to fit a replacement electric fire.
Besides the Montesinos fire company Ambefuego and Leroy Merlin does anyone know where I can get an electric fire to fit a standard fire place 40cm wide 54 high with a 6cm depth inward and 6 cm depth available outward?
Also anyone know a company who will cap off the gas pipe in the cassette?
Or even a company that might fit a electric fire professionally..
Philipb1407

Re: Want a electric fire instead of gas..

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:14 am

Why not order from Amazon and get an electrician to fit and connect it. I also have a gas fire ( no central heating) and sometimes in the milder weather would prefer an electric fire mostly for the appearance of the fire in the hearth look.
Just a thought, maybe Chrisdee would be interested in buying your gas fire, she could get Ambifuego to remove it and reconnect in her home then you’d be ready to install an electric fire. Let us know how you get sorted please.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Philipb1407 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:52 pm

Mac3blade wrote:Why not order from Amazon and get an electrician to fit and connect it. I also have a gas fire ( no central heating) and sometimes in the milder weather would prefer an electric fire mostly for the appearance of the fire in the hearth look.
Just a thought, maybe Chrisdee would be interested in buying your gas fire, she could get Ambifuego to remove it and reconnect in her home then you’d be ready to install an electric fire. Let us know how you get sorted please.

It’s difficult to order from Amazon as I need the sizes and most are not showing them all.
I don’t want to ruin the old fashioned fireplace/surround and want the electric fire fitted right, I also don’t want wires visible so it’ll be wired under the floor.
If the gas fire comes out without any damage, which it should, Chrisdee can have it with pleasure. I’ll drop her a message when it’s done.
Philipb1407

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:16 pm

Thank you but I don't want a gas one. Thank you all the same but yes sell it on here.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Philipb1407 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:30 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Thank you but I don't want a gas one. Thank you all the same but yes sell it on here.

No, neither do I, I’ll get it removed, put a sign on it saying it works fine and put it by the bin.. Wooosh it’ll be gone in a flash.
Philipb1407

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:42 pm

Give it to a charity they will sell it and do good with the money

Philipb1407 wrote:
Chrisdee wrote:Thank you but I don't want a gas one. Thank you all the same but yes sell it on here.

No, neither do I, I’ll get it removed, put a sign on it saying it works fine and put it by the bin.. Wooosh it’ll be gone in a flash.
Chrisdee

Postby Philipb1407 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:37 am

Chrisdee wrote:Give it to a charity they will sell it and do good with the money

Philipb1407 wrote:

Can a charity accept such products, with it being Gas!? I thought health and safety forbade onward selling of secondhand products like gas and electrical domestic products. Charities can’t in the UK..
Philipb1407

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:46 am

[quote="Philipb1407"]

Can a charity accept such products, with it being Gas!? I thought health and safety forbade onward selling of secondhand products like gas and electrical domestic products. Charities can’t in the UK.

They are not so strict here, they will accept domestic appliances
Chrisdee

Postby Mac3blade » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:06 am

Chris asked on a previous post if gas fires caused condensation. Nobody replied to that question
The closed gas fire with glass window DOES NIT cause any condensation at all. They are the most marvellous and efficient modes of heating. We inherited one when we bought our house 21 years ago and on cold days/ evenings, it’s a luxury. Immense heat.
Do your research Chris. I know you’d be delighted with it.
Cheers. Rosemary.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby blingle » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:08 am

Mac3blade wrote:Chris asked on a previous post if gas fires caused condensation. Nobody replied to that question
The closed gas fire with glass window DOES NIT cause any condensation at all. They are the most marvellous and efficient modes of heating. We inherited one when we bought our house 21 years ago and on cold days/ evenings, it’s a luxury. Immense heat.
Do your research Chris. I know you’d be delighted with it.
Cheers. Rosemary.

Darro answered that question.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Next