Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Wise USD Interest now added

Wise USD Interest now added

Postby tel49 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:11 pm

Wise USD Interest now added with a variable rate of 5.11%. So now it joins interest on their GBP & Euro accounts.
I had thought about USD interest a few times plus having some USDs would keep some savings as it looks quite strong.
Anyone thinking about adding USD interest and how are you doing with other Wise accounts?
tel49

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Wise USD Interest now added

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:20 pm

I earn interest on all 3 balances at various times. Up until now it's been called "cashback" on USD balances. Wise deducts Belgian tax before paying out so when I declare the income in Spain I will get taxed again and I'm not sure it's worth the effort to recover it from Belgium. I need the balances where they are anyway so any interest is a bonus to me. If you are doing it purely to earn extra interest you might need to consider the double tax aspect too as, if you earn enough to pay Spanish income tax, you may get better net returns elsewhere. They are my initial thoughts.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Paul M » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:30 pm

Hoping some of you regular Wise users can help with a question. How do you transfer money onto your Wise account without incurring fees? I usually transfer small amounts (€150-200) from my Sabadell debit card. These transfers incur a fee of €4.70 per €1000.

I’m wondering if this fee can be avoided if transferring significant sums (house sale proceeds) into a wise account? Thanks in advance for any helpful information.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby suzi wong » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:14 pm

Paul M wrote:Hoping some of you regular Wise users can help with a question. How do you transfer money onto your Wise account without incurring fees? I usually transfer small amounts (€150-200) from my Sabadell debit card. These transfers incur a fee of €4.70 per €1000.

I’m wondering if this fee can be avoided if transferring significant sums (house sale proceeds) into a wise account? Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

Are you transferring euro to euro,? Don’t use the card transfer direct from your Sabadell account,shouldn’t be any charge
.If you’re transferring euro to pound still transfer direct,not the card,but you’ll probably still pay a small fee.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Paul M » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:38 pm

Hi Suzi,

I’m only transferring euros from sabadell to Wise, no currency conversion. I’ll try the bank transfer tomorrow, thank you for the advice!
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo