Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Christmas in “ the old country”

Re: Christmas in “ the old country”

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:06 pm

There are a couple of houses in the UK in areas we have lived and they light them up it is spectacular. Families with little ones come from miles around to look, the kids love it. They generally collect a fair amount of money too for local charities which is good.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:22 pm

Well done telmel. I’ll order one today. A great idea. Could you tell me exactly what I’m ordering please.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby blingle » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:37 pm

Dizzee Rascal would be loving this thread......

:text-lol:
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:33 am

Went to Antrim Castle’s enchanted garden last night and it was spectacular. Crowds of people of all ages were there enjoying themselves. The coloured lights were in all different shapes. On the lake, they had ties of coloured balls strung across and it resembled the front of The Tal Mahal. There was a fun fair too with the usual ferris wheel, heater shelter, chair planes, roller coaster tides and all the rest. Pop up food vans were selling filled crepes both savoury and sweet. Ice creams, Christmas coffees, There was an illuminated bauble where we all queued up to have photos taken! A real Christmas treat. Loved it all. Our grandson aged 10 months refused to close his eyes as he simply loved the vibrancy of the night. Upon leaving, there were double decker buses to take people home to various areas. Although the event was in the grounds of Antrim Castle, the local borough council were the organisers. How everything has changed over the years.
Mac3blade

Postby Gustav » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:46 pm

There was an illuminated bauble in Rojales last year near the waterwheel, with no ques to take photos if you wished.
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:25 pm

Went to Glenarm castle late this afternoon and really enjoyed it. There was a polar express train which took us all around the estate with the castle illuminated in glorious colours. It really was a delightful experience. So many young people dressed as el Ed and there to guide and serve us. Santa was in an oldy worldly cottage with stairs leading from the sitting room. All the furniture and furnishings were quaint and suggested age old. Grandchildren all given a gift from him and 4 group photos taken of all of us. There were little areas for the kids to write their letters to Santa and an old snow covered post box for them to post them to the big man.
Endless entertainment and food served Mulled wine and mince pies if we’d wanted them. Some gorgeous shops for those who had a notion to purchase some tweeds and woollens. There was a lot to do and see. We’re home now, tired but happy. Early to bed. All these festivities are taking a toll on me!!!
Mac3blade

Postby Gustav » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:29 pm

The illuminated baubel is still in Rojales near the waterwheel,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous