Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Post from the Uk

Post from the Uk

Postby lynny » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:54 pm

We have been having problems recieving cards from the UK several times they have not turned up at all, has anyone else had this problem please? Our mail is delivered to a local shop in Quesada.
lynny

Which part of Spain are you from?: benimar

Re: Post from the Uk

Postby Paul M » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:02 pm

We’ve given up on receiving mail from the UK. We estimate around 75% never arrives. Of the remaining 25%, much of it takes 4-6 weeks to get to us and some standard letters have been torn open by customs.

We had a post box in Dona Pepa for 5 years but now have our own community post boxes, still the same issues.

We now send e-cards for birthdays Xmas etc;
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Barry martyn » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:06 pm

think you will find that the UK on a whole is not receiving post ,
so if uk dont get it spain wont.
Barry martyn

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Darro » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:39 pm

Like Paul we've given up with UK mail and told all friends, family, etc. to simply not bother sending us anything.

I've had at least two replacement debit/credit cards go missing and last week I received a letter from one of my UK pension providers which had been posted on October 13th. Thankfully it was nothing important.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby lynny » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:10 pm

Thanks for all your replies
lynny

Which part of Spain are you from?: benimar

Postby Sage » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:59 pm

A few days ago the media in the UK reported that Royal Mail are prioritising parcels as they are more profitable than letters post. This may be contributing to delays you are experiencing in Spain. It looks like some of us may be receiving Christmas cards well into January......
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby marcliff » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:09 pm

Not had any problems round here. Received a couple of Christmas cards within a week of posting. Last month get 2 letters from HMRC dated 10 days before and then another 4 from them dated 10 days before (they had to send me one for each year they'd mucked up my taxes rather than stick them all in the same envelope).

Er Indoors regularly writes and receives letters from 2 ladies in UK and always gets them within a week of posting both ways.

The only time we ever have a delay is during August when our postie goes on holiday and the stand in doesn't always turn up but every other time we've received mail from UK in a timely fashion.

Bank letters, credit card company letters and pension notifications all arrive within a week and I'm not aware of anything going missing that I've been expecting. Must be different areas and posties. However, I did send a letter to my bank in UK with a signed for sticker. It arrived in UK on the Monday according to tracking but didn't actually get delivered until the Friday. 4 days from here to UK and 5 day internal UK. Our daughters haven't received the cards we posted 12 days ago.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby willemite » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:16 pm

Hi received all my cards etc no delay here either.
willemite

Which part of Spain are you from?: catral

Postby babaracarson » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:26 am

Plenty of delays here in Montesinos. I have a shop post box. Have received two cards that were posted three wees ago yesterday, but ones posted 1st November still not arrived. The cards I sent to UK were recived within 3 oor 4 days.
babaracarson

Which part of Spain are you from?: los montesinos

Postby lance » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:37 am

A birthday card posted 4 weeks ago still not arrived and a Christmas cake is stuck in customs. Iv'e given up on that, forms to fill in and duty to pay. Not worth the bother.
lance

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa. Quesada