Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Tesco Food Items

Re: Tesco Food Items

Postby marcliff » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:39 pm

es.
Last edited by marcliff on Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Bee » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:46 pm

Frozen foods are permitted under the regulations but not fresh foods. I presume the freezing kills off any bugs which may be transmissable.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Anniep » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:11 am

As well as the Irish company they are selling more Spanish cold meats from the pozo company, I know there’s a pozo factory in Alhama. de Murcia , which is on the other side of Murcia
Anniep

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby Philipb1407 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:36 pm

nannyabroad wrote:High tea is eaten ten around five o'clock onwards, usually consisting of a hearty meal and a pot of tea. In the United Kingdom, high teas are a tradition that dates back to the late 19th century. High tea, was traditionally served 'High', meaning at a high table with high back chairs.

I’m not contradicting your post, but isn’t “Afternoon Tea” between 15.00 and 16.00 in the garden or sat on low sofas, then “High Tea” between 18.00 and 19.00, in a formal dining room (afternoon tea being cold sandwiches and tea with cakes, where high tea is hot food and tea?)
In the north of England, Dinner (late PM) is commonly known as Tea, basically High Tea dropping the High. In the North Dinner is at lunch time 12.00-14.00 hours never using Lunch. It seems only Breakfast is true to its word being food you eat after awakening in the morning. Supper was your late 20.00-23.00 food, generally a snack before bedtime, but many use supper to describe late dinner or Tea.
It is confusing..
For me it’s 07.00-09.00 breakfast, 10.30-11.30 Brunch, 12.30-13.30 Lunch, 15.00-16.00 Tea, 18.00-19.00 High Tea, 18.00-21.00 Dinner 21.00-23.00 Supper.
Of the 7 timings shown, only 3-4 are ever used in any one day.
Like I say it’s confusing and everyone is different these days.
Philipb1407

Postby David Stokes » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:05 pm

Warburton bread seems to have disappeared! It's my favourite over Roberts.
David Stokes

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby blingle » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:16 pm

Nolito wrote:Here's the notice !

If this is (as jpeg intimated) due to EU regulations, then it's EU-related, and nothing to do with Brexit...so I wonder why this notice has tried to tout it as a "Brexit update"???
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Shiva » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:50 pm

When I saw the notice I assumed it was to do with the special post Brexit customs arrangements in place for Northern Ireland to ensure no products produced in the UK and intended for sale in Northern Ireland are sent onwards into EU countries through the Republic of Ireland (thereby illegally circumventing EU customs.) That could explain the products newly stamped ' not for sale in the EU'. If so, the system is working as agreed by the UK and EU and may have interrupted some supply chains that had been sourcing via Republic of Ireland.

Could of course be wrong. But one possible interpretation of the wording of the notice....
Shiva

Postby JustGinger » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:43 pm

David Stokes wrote:Warburton bread seems to have disappeared! It's my favourite over Roberts.

Try consum.
JustGinger

Postby Shiva » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:06 am

Shiva wrote:When I saw the notice I assumed it was to do with the special post Brexit customs arrangements in place for Northern Ireland to ensure no products produced in the UK and intended for sale in Northern Ireland are sent onwards into EU countries through the Republic of Ireland (thereby illegally circumventing EU customs.) That could explain the products newly stamped ' not for sale in the EU'. If so, the system is working as agreed by the UK and EU and may have interrupted some supply chains that had been sourcing via Republic of Ireland.

Could of course be wrong. But one possible interpretation of the wording of the notice....

It looks like the above interpretation may have been correct... arising from the application of the Windsor Agreement. See article linked below from The Guardian last August noting the introduction of 'not for sale in EU' labels on some UK products...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... dApp_Other
Shiva

Postby David Stokes » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:15 pm

JustGinger wrote:
David Stokes wrote:Warburton bread seems to have disappeared! It's my favourite over Roberts.

Try consum.

I do most of my shopping at Consum, they don't have it there either. But they do have Roberts. However, there was only a few, so I wonder if they were the last and Roberts will be gone as well.
David Stokes

PreviousNext