Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Has the French Immigration Bill included the Visa Free Waive

Re: Has the French Immigration Bill included the Visa Free W

Postby Bee » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:44 pm

Not quite R. There are lots of other non-EU second home owners i.e Canadian, USA, Australian, South African, Russian, South American to name but a few.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Darro » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:18 am

AndyC wrote:The second home owners should be paying, or being assessed to pay, taxes in both Countries so perhaps this is a way for the French to ensure non-residents tax is paid on their holiday homes.
No taxes paid = no Visa issued.
There is no such thing as non-resident tax in France and property taxes are the same whether owners or resident or not.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Philipb1407 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:54 pm

Darro wrote:In any case all it would mean is that they could stay for one period of 180days per year instead of 90days in 180, hardly a 'leaping over the moon' win.

Oh but it is, a couple of months ago, Thieves entered my property and broke security cameras, I had to wait weeks until I could inspect the damage and do the repairs.
Now I can’t come out until Early March so if I had another problem, it would have to wait. There is no reason why the EU has to impose 90/180 day rules, opposed to 180/365-6 except to stop illegal immigrants from working without registering for tax and residency. That can be solved with work permits and residency permits, allowing those with investments by way of property to come and go at will. Just simply having laws that remove and permanently exclude those who cheat the system should be enough.
In fact there is no reason to have any time limit on people living off their own wealth holidaying in a EU foreign country. It would help the economy, if those with the wealth, could come and spend a year, or 2 or 5 or 10 living in Spain or any European country. As long as they did not seek work or followed the correct procedure for permanent residency and covered their own health needs.
Such a move by the EU would help their economy. Create good relations and benefit the property owners.
Really who would lose out.. no one.
Philipb1407

Postby Benjy » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:02 pm

Well phillipb. Tell that to those that voted for Brexit. Now they all want what we already had but in their ignorance voted to have it taken away. Any problems that are occurring at present regarding 90/180 and the such like are 100% due to the actions of people that voted to leave.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby TimSha1213 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:02 pm

:text-givemebeer:

If all else fails ......

Blame brexit!!!!!!
TimSha1213

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby suzi wong » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:27 pm

Over 17m.people voted for Brexit,why would they care about the few thousand Brits that own property in Spain,& I’m one of those that do own property here & we just have to live with it,most of the people complaining are those who lived under the radar illegally,
Just get over the result of a democratic vote & get on with life,it gets a bit boring the Brexit blame game.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Darro » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:51 am

TimSha1213 wrote::text-givemebeer:

If all else fails ......

Blame brexit!!!!!!

Well as a direct fallout from Brexit who or what what else do you suggest we blame?
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby TimSha1213 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:53 am

The Brtish government for not implementing brexit.
Let's be honest, they never wanted it in the first place and .... in my opinion... and so have done everything possible to make it fail !!!
TimSha1213

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Yokel » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:42 pm

Philipb1407 wrote:
Darro wrote:In any case all it would mean is that they could stay for one period of 180days per year instead of 90days in 180, hardly a 'leaping over the moon' win.

Oh but it is, a couple of months ago, Thieves entered my property and broke security cameras, I had to wait weeks until I could inspect the damage and do the repairs.
Now I can’t come out until Early March so if I had another problem, it would have to wait. There is no reason why the EU has to impose 90/180 day rules, opposed to 180/365-6 except to stop illegal immigrants from working without registering for tax and residency.

You make a valid point about accessing your property if there issues, but extending it to 180/365 or 366 days could lead to a similar problem except not being able to return to the property for a period of possibly 6 months.

Even after all these years of this wrangle over the number of days or permits, whether it is 90/180 or 180/360 I cannot see that it would make much of a difference to the economies of France or Spain.
Yokel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:49 pm

France's constitutional court has rejected the proposal to allow UK home owners in France special rights on long stay visas.

The court said it would not allow the national preference amendment to pass. This along with 30 other of the immigration proposals put forward.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Previous