Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Tax appearing on bank statement

Tax appearing on bank statement

Postby shap » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:01 pm

Just seen my recent bank statement from Caixa and there are two deductions for my wife and i stating:-

Man.CT.Ap. N-Res -25 euros

I already pay my sumas and tax via form 210 each year so can anyone advise as to what this is please?
Thanks
shap

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Tax appearing on bank statement

Postby marcliff » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:50 pm

As a non resident, the government has to be informed that you run a bank account in Spain but are not liable for income tax. Your non resident status has to be confirmed every 2 years to ensure you are still a non resident.

The bank does this for you and charges you a fee for submitting the non resident tax status form.

You can do this yourself but would need to tell the bank to stop doing it. It would mean making an appointment at the National Police station, completing the non resident status form. going to the appointment to state you are non resident and then going along later to collect the non resident card and then submitting it to the tax authorities.

Or allowing the bank to submit it on your behalf for that cost.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Bee » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:04 am

Or close your Spanish Bank A/c and open one on line. No Spanish Bank A/c
no non-resident cert needed.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby suzi wong » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:41 pm

Surely,if you’re paying non resident tax they should know you are not liable for income tax.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby marcliff » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:29 pm

suzi wong wrote:Surely,if you’re paying non resident tax they should know you are not liable for income tax.

I know it would be quite difficult nowadays for Brits to do it but there may be many nationalities that do live under the radar in Spain by living here without taking out residency, just like many Brits used to do.

This declaration doesn't just apply to British citizens despite what many will think.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Bee » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:15 pm

Isn't there something about no tax deducted on any interest you earn if you are non-resident so the Bank needs to have official confirmation of your status.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby suzi wong » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:49 pm

I would think if you are living under the radar,which I know people still do,you wouldn’t pay non res.tax or inc.tax.nor if you had any sense would you have a Spain bank account. Come to that I can’t really understand any non resident having a Spain bank a/c the charges they seem to magic up.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11