Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Covid Christmas greetings

Covid Christmas greetings

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:35 am

It’s Christmas Eve. All the gifts are wrapped and the dining table is set to perfection BUT we have tested positive for Covid. On top of that, my husband slipped on a muddy path when we were all out for the Christmas festivities and has broken his ankle. Our granddaughter is petrified of his boot and is convinced that he’s robot man. Didn’t get to the Panto yesterday and my lovely daughter stopped her car across the road to say hello. All gifts were refused and I was tearful. There’s no gift for me from my husband as he was to collect it but hadn’t been out. I’ll get it before the New year and will survive.
Our first time to get Covid and I’m blaming my London Family!! We’ve got ‘flu like symptoms and otherwise fine.
My other daughter is quite poorly but hopes to be well enough to join us all tomorrow. It won’t be the same as I’d planned but such is life.

The moral of the story is STAY AWAY FROM CROWDS!
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Re: Covid Christmas greetings

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:41 am

Sorry to hear this Rosemary. catching Covid is bad enough but when you've spent ages and a fortune planning for Christmas day it's a bit of a kick in the butt. The main thing is getting better, you can consume all the goodies stacked away another day. Hope your husband can manage to get about whilst his ankle heals. Just enjoy as best you can Chris xx
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:01 am

Lovely to hear from you Chris and thanks for the kind words.
It’ll all work out as well as it can. Really disappointed that our other family won’t be joining us. This is their first year living in NI and there were all looking forward to spending tonight at home awaiting Santa’s visit and joining us for church at 10.30am. They raced off to the shops and have stocked up on their Christmas fare. We’ll FaceTime them which is better than nothing.
We gave an elderly neighbour who lives alone in a beautiful big house close by. A son and daughter both living in Scotland and brother have invited him. We’d planned to have him here but he had to be told yesterday to stay clear. Poor old Fergus.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Gustav » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:45 pm

Its all that going out to Castles etc,
Brought on only by yourselves mixing with crowds,
Bad news about the husbands fall, he soon be mended ,.vinegar and brown paper
Did well for Jack n Jill,
Coughs n sneezes spread diseases, avoid crowds at all costs, masks and hand gel always,
Make Fergus a takeaway, leav at end of driveway for him,
Ba Humbug!
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Steve wilkins » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:48 pm

If you have flu like symptoms, ever thought that maybe you have the FLU?

I don't know why people keep volunteering to get covid tests. They don't work and never have, and can provide a positive result at will. It all depends how many cycles the testing facility run on it. Even Fauci said over 30 cycles returned a almost guarantee of a positive result, and hospitals during the scamdemic were running upto 45!

Still there's always another "effective" jab you can get for it. *sigh*
Steve wilkins

Postby blingle » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:25 pm

I'd be telling Fergus to come over as normal!

After all...the last time you were on a plane, did you ask the people next to you if they had Covid?
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Bee » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:27 pm

I was a bit taken aback R that you were treating Covid similarly to 2020 and going into isolation and locking everybody out. It is now treated like a flu. A bad flu will have you taking to the bed and feeling miserable for 48hrs but I would have thought the days of isolation and Covid testing are well and truly over.

Bee
Bee

Postby marcliff » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:23 pm

Steve wilkins wrote:If you have flu like symptoms, ever thought that maybe you have the FLU?

I don't know why people keep volunteering to get covid tests. They don't work and never have, and can provide a positive result at will. It all depends how many cycles the testing facility run on it. Even Fauci said over 30 cycles returned a almost guarantee of a positive result, and hospitals during the scamdemic were running upto 45!

#

Well, Christmas Eve and I can't believe yet another uninformed and ridiculous post which just shows how little this poster actually knows. It doesn't matter what's posted on social media, fake sites and fake doctors but it is a load of rubbish.

Your should really look up on real sites what happens.
However, as you appear to only believe the rumours and half truths that you so obviously hang onto, let me explain a couple of things.

Yes, in UK PCT CT are run up to 40 cycles. But it doesn't matter how many cycles it is run at as you totally ignore the way they are interpreted. CT stands for Cyclic Threshold which is the cut off point UK uses.

Any test showing viral genetic material up to 25.6 cycles is classed as positive. Test are run up to 40 cycles but 25.6 is the cut off for declaring a positive result and a strong infection rate. Cycles between 25.6 and 28.3 are classed as intermediate which show a low infection rate. Any test over 28.3 is declared a negative test although the virus can still be present but classed as a non infection rate. You, of course, are trying to claim that anything detected up to 45 cycles is classed as positive for viral infections which is, of course, out and out BS.

I can see that Spain actually counts up to 28 cycles as positive but over that is either extremely low or negative.

Got that? Only up to 25.6 cycles are classed positive. It makes no difference at all to the higher rate they run it at. The cyclic threshold is the bit that counts but, of course, it just shows a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and I shall continue to keep you and your lack of information on ignore. Have a lovely day tomorrow but don't get sucked in by the fake sites that only give one part of the story.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby JC1945 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:02 am

marcliff wrote:
Steve wilkins wrote:If you have flu like symptoms, ever thought that maybe you have the FLU?

#

Well, Christmas Eve and I can't believe yet another uninformed and ridiculous post which just shows how little this poster actually knows. It doesn't matter what's posted on social media, fake sites and fake doctors but it is a load of rubbish.

Your should really look up on real sites what happens.
However, as you appear to only believe the rumours and half truths that you so obviously hang onto, let me explain a couple of things.

Yes, in UK PCT CT are run up to 40 cycles. But it doesn't matter how many cycles it is run at as you totally ignore the way they are interpreted. CT stands for Cyclic Threshold which is the cut off point UK uses.

Any test showing viral genetic material up to 25.6 cycles is classed as positive. Test are run up to 40 cycles but 25.6 is the cut off for declaring a positive result and a strong infection rate. Cycles between 25.6 and 28.3 are classed as intermediate which show a low infection rate. Any test over 28.3 is declared a negative test although the virus can still be present but classed as a non infection rate. You, of course, are trying to claim that anything detected up to 45 cycles is classed as positive for viral infections which is, of course, out and out BS.

I can see that Spain actually counts up to 28 cycles as positive but over that is either extremely low or negative.

Got that? Only up to 25.6 cycles are classed positive. It makes no difference at all to the higher rate they run it at. The cyclic threshold is the bit that counts but, of course, it just shows a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and I shall continue to keep you and your lack of information on ignore. Have a lovely day tomorrow but don't get sucked in by the fake sites that only give one part of the story.

JC1945

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby HarvHar2018 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:24 am

:text-lol:
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Next