Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Viewings in January - excited!

Viewings in January - excited!

Postby Maccaloon » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:22 am

Hi all,

Following my initial recce in Sept and deciding on the Quesada/Dona Pepa area for my property purchase, I will be coming over for a week at the end of January to view the properties on my short-list. Hoping to organise this in the next couple of weeks.

Excited! Hope at least one of the properties temps me sufficiently to make an offer.

Any locals fancy a coffee/drink week of 21st-26th please let me know!

Best,

Mac
Maccaloon

Which part of Spain are you from?: London (currently)

Re: Viewings in January - excited!

Postby mondo » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:59 pm

Ohhhh...exciting times...

Don't be rushed, either by an agent...or yourselves..

Enjoy the ride....

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby TimSha1213 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:19 pm

:text-goodpost:

Lovely place ... we're 10 mins walk from Quesada.... Benimar.... so in-between Quesada and benijofar... Great location we love .. . Holiday home ... but would love to be there permanently..... one day ( thumbs up emoji) lol
TimSha1213

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Philipb1407 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:56 pm

Get a survey done before you pay a deposit, they will try to convince you that surveys are not done in Spain, this is not true, a survey will give you a full picture of any faults and could save you many thousands of pounds/euros. It won’t cost a lot. Your solicitor can recommend a good surveyor. Get a good solicitor and only pay your deposit through them. Keep it legal, get a full written list of what’s included in the sale, you can remove the value of furnishings, garden furniture and tools etc to reduce your purchase tax, our property purchase value was reduced by €10.000 and our tax bill was reduced accordingly.
Philipb1407

Postby Shiva » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:08 pm

I'm not going to comment on previous contributions. Am assuming that if you have found TQ you have sufficient nous to figure stuff out and be careful. 1. Appoint your own solicitor. Do this NOW, dont wait until you see something you like. I'd recommend SGM Abogados. There are of course others, but I only recommend those I know.2. Have your own independent solicitor. ( see 1. ) 3. Do not let anyone rush you into any agreement , check stuff out before you sign ) ( see 1. )and 4. Make sure you have your own independent solicitor ( see 1.) checks out any contract before you sign.
Shiva

Postby Shiva » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:35 pm

https://sgmlegalspain.com/ Thats the sgm link. Of course you are excited and there is no reason that you cant find your own slice of happiness. Just that you are most likely to get what you dream of if you keep a wary legal head. There are different rules in Spain on property from those in the UK ( and, indeed, from rules in other countries too). But a good solicitor will keep you right.
Shiva

Postby Maccaloon » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:37 pm

I’ve already made contact with SGM and been talking to them. Will be visiting them during that week and getting the POA signed and they will get my NIE. They have my passport pic and details and I am on the client list.
Maccaloon

Postby jimrc » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:59 pm

We have just started the process of selling our Fortuna style townhouse in Dona Pepa. We arrive in Spain 2nd January for 10 days. If you send me your email I can forward photos and full details. We are with SGM but have not as yet appointed an Estate Agent as we are considering selling privately.
We have had the house for 8 years and renewed everything as well as painting inside and out. It overlooks the pool in a very quiet community.
jimrc

Postby Maccaloon » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:25 pm

Will do.

PM incoming!

Mac
Maccaloon