Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Almond wood

Almond wood

Postby Steve and Jackie » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:43 pm

Hi
Currently paying 19 cents per kilogram for Almond wood from the guy on the roundabout near JYSK. Just curious, is this the going rate as I haven't shopped around.
Steve and Jackie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Almond wood

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:07 pm

I got Olive today from him 17c a kilo. I wasn't sure of the prices either, i normally go Lo Perez but this was closer. Hard work for me filling up the buckets and loading, then unloading and stacking if up when you get home. I got 100 kilos

Steve and Jackie wrote:Hi
Currently paying 19 cents per kilogram for Almond wood from the guy on the roundabout near JYSK. Just curious, is this the going rate as I haven't shopped around.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:11 pm

Have you started burning it yet, what's it like. I found the oak a bit dim looking unless you opened the vent up, it takes longer to burn and gives out a decent heat but just dull looking. Hopefully the olive will be decent.

Chrisdee

Postby Steve and Jackie » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:24 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Have you started burning it yet, what's it like. I found the oak a bit dim looking unless you opened the vent up, it takes longer to burn and gives out a decent heat but just dull looking. Hopefully the olive will be decent.

Out of Almond, Olive, Lemon and Pine I have found Almond lasts so much longer so worth the couple of cents more.
Steve and Jackie

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:55 pm

I'll try the almond next, thank you
Chrisdee

Postby jpeg » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:48 pm

Do not use pine it will fill the Flue with sap
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Hello » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:22 am

Hi which JYSK please? the one near Almoradí the wood yard just the other side of the AP7 motorway on the Delores side?
Yes pine will cause sap in the chimney and over time could cause a fire, so don't use that please.
Hello

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby 300TDi » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:42 pm

Are any wood yards open today? I know its a Sunday, but I need some Almond wood for a firepit.
300TDi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rafal

Postby Steve and Jackie » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:36 pm

Hello wrote:Hi which JYSK please? the one near Almoradí the wood yard just the other side of the AP7 motorway on the Delores side?
Yes pine will cause sap in the chimney and over time could cause a fire, so don't use that please.

The Jysk in Quesada by Aldi, Consum.
Steve and Jackie