Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Home insurance

Re: Home insurance

Postby mondo » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:25 pm

We had a leak in the garden between the exterior wall and the kitchen. We called out Leaktech to fix it which they did really quickly.

In total, water loss and Leaktech, the cost was around 1000 euros. Our house is almost 20 years old.
We claimed from our insurance company and they paid back almost 1000 euros.

That was Liberty insurance.
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby pedrosloggett » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:55 pm

It has been my misfortune to claim several times in Spain and had very bad experience with Mapfre but only good with Liberty Seguros.
Having worked for insurance companies in the U.K. I can tell you that to some degree it depends who is dealing with your claim. How sympathetic they are, how much experienced they are, if they are a stickler for ticking all the boxes, what level of authority they have to agree your claim and how many claims the company has already had that year can all affect the outcome.
pedrosloggett

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Ov3rdal3 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:09 pm

If you organised your insurance through a broker then speak to your broker. We had a similar situation where our claim was rejected and the broker intervened and we had the claim paid in full
Ov3rdal3

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Re: Home insurance The broker has refused to help

Postby Curtishj1 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:13 pm

Every one I have spoken to locally have had problems with Liberty Seguros., my problem a have not just been with the broker but also the complaints department, head office , I have messaged several different people within the department and they just ignore the messages. I sent receipts for damaged goods and photos of damaged items ant the assessor even written 3 m2 water damage floor to be repaired, but it was not done and the only reply I have had is to say decision is final.

The same company stated a few year ago that we could not claim anything for a water leak we had between communal pool and our house, we had a bill for over 3000 euro in loss of water , the insurance company Liberty Seguros., stated we had no grounds for a claim as no damages were caused.

From personal experience I find this company awful, if this happened in the Uk an ombudsman would help but in Spain Ii feel my options are limited without enduring further expense to myself
Curtishj1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby Curtishj1 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:17 pm

Just to add this was my second claim with the same company in 8 years, the first one was declined in 2017 ( water leak) and the second in 2023 with a pay out which didn’t cover a 1/4 of the loss.
Curtishj1

Postby Dave c » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:09 pm

Why are you still using them
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Curtishj1 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:37 pm

I am changing at renewal date, hence initial inquiries for recommendations for a decent insurance company to use.
Curtishj1

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:19 pm

Make sure you give them plenty of notice and cancel any DDs you may have with them. Do it in writing or email so you have proof.

Curtishj1 wrote:I am changing at renewal date, hence initial inquiries for recommendations for a decent insurance company to use.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Curtishj1 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:59 pm

Thankyou, I really appreciate the tips and helpful advice.
Curtishj1

Postby kingscliff » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:29 pm

Having read your article I have been in touch with my broker (Jennifer Cunningham) as we are also covered by Liberty Seguros. Under the policy I have we are covered up to 1000 Euros per year for loss of water costs as well as a whole range of pipework etc. When taking out insurance cover it pays to read what it does and doesn't cover and not just go for the cheapest even with the same company they mostly offer different levels of cover.
I also checked with the broker if they have problems in the event of a claim with Liberty Seguros and they said no problems at all as long as what your claiming for is within the scope of the policy.
kingscliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

PreviousNext