Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Home insurance

Home insurance

Postby Curtishj1 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:57 am

Please can someone help, we had the most awful experience with our home insurance company in Spain following a water leak. Please can someone recommend a reputable insurance company , in the event we experience an issue again I would never wish to experience such horrendous customer service in the future? Thankyou
Curtishj1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Re: Home insurance

Postby Batman » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:57 pm

We are all wondering if we are insured with this Insurance Com. Should be NAMED AND SHAMED?
Batman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Curtishj1 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:41 pm

LIBERTY SEGUROS- Our first water leak we lost over 3000 euro of water , but we were not covered ( as no damage to property, although our neighbours were payed out on there loss of water when they had leaks )

A few years later an internal leak , damage to kitchen , flooring , cupboard contents,doors Emails and phone calls having to repeat over and over the same thing. Finally we get a fraction of the cost payed, many months later, this did not even cover the loss of water let alone the floor damage or items. We had in writing the floor would be fixed but it never happened. Less than 800 euro payed out for over 3000 euro damage , but it’s the mental aspect which has been the hardest to deal with.
Please can someone recommend a reliable company? Thankyou
Curtishj1

Postby Sylvc » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:10 pm

We are insured with Mapfre in Guardamar. When we had a leak they came out immediately investigated and repaired on the same day. The only damage to us was loss of water which they advised us to claim directly from Hidraqua and gave us paperwork to take in. We went into their office in Hidraqua with paperwork from Mapfre and were given a very good allowance towards a €1000 bill for leak as a credit. We were able to go into the Guardamar office and deal directly with staff for advice and paperwork rather than try and deal with emails and phone calls.
I can’t say what they are like for a claim for damage to possessions etc but we were happy with our experience.
Sylvc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Curtishj1 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:13 pm

Thankyou
Curtishj1

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:24 pm

Neighbours used Mapfre, had a water leak and were happy with their service
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Curtishj1 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:26 pm

Thankyou, I really appreciate it
Curtishj1

Postby Mrsfeliz » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:23 am

Maybe with a situation like you had, it would be worth getting a lawyer involved. The lawyer can make sure that the situation was handled correctly as per the Terms and Conditions of your policy.
Mrsfeliz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Insurance

Postby Curtishj1 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:25 am

Thankyou, I have already considered taking legal action , howler the whole ordeal has been so horrendous , I would rather just put it down to a bad experience and find a new and fair insurance company.
Thankyou
Curtishj1

Re: Insurance

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:30 am

It would cause more stress, a lot of money take ages, just not worth it.

Curtishj1 wrote:Thankyou, I have already considered taking legal action , howler the whole ordeal has been so horrendous , I would rather just put it down to a bad experience and find a new and fair insurance company.
Thankyou
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next