Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Hearing aids. NOW SORTED.

Re: Hearing aids.

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:07 pm

Tom at the hearing centre in the small complex by what was the Rolling pin. cafe and Quesada gold is very good.
Screenshot_2024-01-03-14-08-50-327_com.android.chrome.jpg
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Philipb1407 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:04 pm

I get them free on the nhs and get batteries too, every two years I get a new pair and get to keep the old ones, recently my aids got new tubes micro and a new ear piece, so I no longer need a molded silicon ear piece. I’ll look to see if I still have the old ones and if I have, i’ll put them up for sale. If they are worth that much…
Philipb1407

Postby garysl » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:43 pm

I've been using hearing aids for about 20 years. I was only in my 40's when I first became aware that I needed them. My first pair, in around 2002, went right into my ear. They were both invisible and impractical. In all, I have had 3 sets, all of which cost a lot of money.
Cheap hearing aids don't work unless you have completely uniform hearing loss. Most people don't. My hearing loss is all in the mid-frequency range, so the hearing aids have to be tailored for that. If it amplified everything, it would be a waste of time. The low and high frequencies would be amplified as well and continue to drown out the mid-frequencies.
My current ones were purchased from Protea Wellness Audiology in Quesada. I've had them for over 3 years now and I wear them all day, every day. I've never managed to do this, with the other 2 sets. They cost about 3k, which was the same price as the first set I got, in 2002. Yes, they're expensive and probably over priced for what they are, but,as the saying goes, there's no pockets in a shroud. I can't envisage being without them now. They have honestly made a huge difference to my life.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby SWT » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:15 am

garysl wrote:I've been using hearing aids for about 20 years. I was only in my 40's when I first became aware that I needed them. My first pair, in around 2002, went right into my ear. They were both invisible and impractical. In all, I have had 3 sets, all of which cost a lot of money.
Cheap hearing aids don't work unless you have completely uniform hearing loss. Most people don't. My hearing loss is all in the mid-frequency range, so the hearing aids have to be tailored for that. If it amplified everything, it would be a waste of time. The low and high frequencies would be amplified as well and continue to drown out the mid-frequencies.
My current ones were purchased from Protea Wellness Audiology in Quesada. I've had them for over 3 years now and I wear them all day, every day. I've never managed to do this, with the other 2 sets. They cost about 3k, which was the same price as the first set I got, in 2002. Yes, they're expensive and probably over priced for what they are, but,as the saying goes, there's no pockets in a shroud. I can't envisage being without them now. They have honestly made a huge difference to my life.

:text-goodpost:
SWT

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby jpeg » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:15 am

jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby pedrosloggett » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:35 am

Garysl is right they have to be set specifically to only amplify the frequencies lost, in my case mostly the upper end. They also have different settings so that background noise can be cut out if in a restaurant or crowd or when outside. I went to Apple Hearing. They took moulds of my ears and the devices were made individually to fit. One felt a little uncomfortable so they made another one for me. I had regular check ups through the first year with adjustments to the sound until I was totally happy plus a free batteries. They seemed expensive when first quoted but given the work carried out and the result I think it was worth it.
pedrosloggett

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby sarnia cherie » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:57 pm

I have a very cheap hearing aid. I tie a knot in the end of a piece of string and put it in my ear and the other end in my top pocket. It doesn’t help me hear any better but it makes people talk to me louder.
sarnia cherie

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo pepin

Postby dr.doolittle » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:23 pm

sarnia cherie wrote:I have a very cheap hearing aid. I tie a knot in the end of a piece of string and put it in my ear and the other end in my top pocket. It doesn’t help me hear any better but it makes people talk to me louder.

dr.doolittle

Postby jpeg » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:48 pm

jpeg wrote:I am buying some online for 10 euros will let you know how good they are

Just to let readers know I recieved the cheap hearing aids and they are virtually identical to the very expensive one and I paid the massive sum of 14 euros post free and the verdict is that the do what they are supposed to do that is to make me hear better
I have a friend who paid abot 100 euros more for his and he has the same result he can now hear and like me can do other things with the 3000 euros we have saved
By the way they came with spare batteries and plastic covers for easy cleaning
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:21 pm

Ca you give us the link please

jpeg wrote:
jpeg wrote:I am buying some online for 10 euros will let you know how good they are

Just to let readers know I recieved the cheap hearing aids and they are virtually identical to the very expensive one and I paid the massive sum of 14 euros post free and the verdict is that the do what they are supposed to do that is to make me hear better
I have a friend who paid abot 100 euros more for his and he has the same result he can now hear and like me can do other things with the 3000 euros we have saved
By the way they came with spare batteries and plastic covers for easy cleaning
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

PreviousNext