Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Seeking a Professional Photographer

Seeking a Professional Photographer

Postby Becool » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:23 pm

Hi there. Happy new year! We are in search of a professional photographer to teach us the correct techniques for taking "product photos" of our minerals that we intend to sell. Hopefully that someone can help.Thanks Jens
Becool

Re: Seeking a Professional Photographer

Postby prefect » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:18 am

Main street in Benijofar, half way down on left, very professional and not expensive.

prefect

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales/Quesada

Postby jpeg » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:17 am

Have a word with David Stokes he is on this forum and knows what he is talking about
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby DuFay » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:38 am

Hi Becool a lot depends on exactly what your going to photograph & the size of it & where its going to get done as decisions you will have to make is natural light or artificial light try a few different set ups & see what gives the best results. Also i recommend you buy a small background stand that you can place behind your product & some different colored paper as backgrounds as some will show up better than others. And a lot depends on what type of camera you intend to use to take the shots I.E. a decent camera on a phone camera or a decent small pocket digital camera what determines the quality is the size of the pixels as on either they go from 2 pixels to 40 plus pixels but even from 10 pixels up should be enough to shoot decent quality photos but regardless of whether its a decent phone camera or a digital one i would recommend buying a small camera stand to fix it to as that would help to keep it all steady & give you better results. I suggest trying to find Cameras on Amazon.es or just a google search for Cameras and accessories you will or should find plenty to help you decide. Go onto Youtube & do a search for using a camera or Phone Camera to take photographs of images of our products using small backgrounds. Going to a Camera shop might help but there are so many retired Photographers out there now as nearly everyone has a half-decent camera on there mobile phone. Once you have taken the images if they need tweaked or adjusted slightly there are plenty of free sites that you can go on use free of charge. My last suggestion is to use the camera on its highest settings to get the best results most Pro Photographers save them as raw then take a copy of the photo just in case they mess it up as they can then go back to there original & do the same again. Any ? just PM me on here. cheers Doug.
DuFay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby jpeg » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:37 pm

jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby rtenny » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:20 am

Very good advice from @DuFay. Depending on the size of the object you will need a camera. Smaller object will require focus stacking and that cannot be done on a phone.
I am a photographer with experiance in Jewellery product photography. Search for "product photography torrevieja" to see my website.
I also give lesson in how to do this yourself as well. Just contact me and we have a chat.
rtenny

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya Nueva