Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Bell’s Butchers

Re: Bell’s Butchers

Postby Gustav » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:08 am

Wilbys, sausage are OK they bog standard butchers sausage mix recipe,easily aviable from wholesale butchers suppliers
I prefer homemade butchers recipe mix,handed down from generation to generation, hard to find now,
Wilbys not cheap compared to Mercadona,
Who offers a good variety of sausage,
And in my opinion good quality meat, if you know what to buy and look for,some people blame tough meat on mis buying and poor cooking,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby 300TDi » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:38 am

Gustav wrote:Wilbys, sausage are OK they bog standard butchers sausage mix recipe,easily aviable from wholesale butchers suppliers
I prefer homemade butchers recipe mix,handed down from generation to generation, hard to find now,
Wilbys not cheap compared to Mercadona,
Who offers a good variety of sausage,

And in my opinion good quality meat, if you know what to buy and look for,some people blame tough meat on mis buying and poor cooking,

If anyone is struggling with meat being tough, get a Thermapen, make it scientific and cook everything to perfection.
300TDi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rafal

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:26 am

Surely a Themopen is enormously expensive. My daughter has a Thermamix and thinks it’s wonderful, Personally, I cook as my mother and grandmothers did with excellent results. I’m far too old to start using a computerised cooking I’m presuming that a thermopen is similar.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:32 am

Apologies. A thermopen is a thermometer and not expensive. A Thermomix is a computerised means of measuring and cooking. A new concept but apparently excellent results. My view is that it’s an ingenious way for someone who isn’t a cook to create all sorts of culinary delights. It’s actually very clever but definitely not for me anymore that an airfryer is.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Andrew Hardy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:31 am

300TDi wrote:
Darro wrote:OH says they have reopened but not my favourite butcher so haven't been there for a while, I prefer Wilby's.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/bYYDHUMqXweCUaMSA

Comments indicate that they do deliveries.

I bought sausage, chops and burgers from Wilbys, thought every single item was actually very poor. The burger was as if it had been frozen and defrosted, the chop was so chewy it was insane, and the sausages were so disappointing I gave the lot to the dog.

I have seen many post in here about how great it is, but not for me.

Fully Agree, Stuff we bought from Wilbys was very disappointing. Won't give them a 2nd try.
Andrew Hardy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Andrew Hardy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:32 am

Essex Butchers in Los Montesinos is worth a try, everything we have tried has been spot on!!
Andrew Hardy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Previous