Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Looking to buy a property

Looking to buy a property

Postby Jayne&Mike » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:41 am

Hi everyone,
We are looking to buy a property in Cuidad Quesada and wanted some feedback and advice.
Jayne&Mike

Which part of Spain are you from?: England

Re: Looking to buy a property

Postby Kaz123 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:27 pm

Go & look at it several different times of the day & night. There is no bus service in Quesada, Doña Pepa & the other surrounding urbanisations.
It can be a long walk to the nearest shop or bar.
Kaz123

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby marcliff » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:56 pm

And very hilly in parts. On the plus side it's an all year round town with more amenities coming all the time.
When I first came to look at Quesada I saw the bit round by the arches and turned round and went away. 4 years later I had another look and found it was far different than the entrance. So the advice to take a good look around is excellent.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby David Stokes » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:13 pm

I live next to the gold course. Nice open views across the course and a lake with fountain. Plus, a supermarket and numerous bars and restaurants are within walking distance, as is the El Recorral park and it's lakes. My house is on the market, pm me if you think it sounds as if it could be suitable.
David Stokes

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby debgreen » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:52 pm

Hello,

Don't be drawn in by people trying to get you to buy their houses.... Try to rent first and visit places to decide where you want to be.
debgreen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby Maccaloon » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:59 am

I had a recce of the area around that part of Costa Blanca in Sept of last year and really liked the Quesada/Dona Pepa area. I m heading to Quesada later this month to look at some short-listed properties and to meet my lawyers and apply for an NIE.

The folks on here have been incredibly helpful and continue to be so. You’ve made the right first choice dropping in here and talking to people.
Maccaloon

Which part of Spain are you from?: London (currently)

Postby DuFay » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:24 am

Hi Jayne & Mike as someone has already suggested on here its far safer taking a long term rental in the area you like as that way you find out what you like & also what you dont like? As once you buy a property good or bad its yours & very expensive to get rid of quickly, but if your renting long term 3,6,9,11 months or more once your lease is up you just move on or take another lease but dont get me wrong when my wife & i arrived here 12 years ago off the boat at Bilbao we already had somewhere to go as we had booked a property in advance from Hope Properties for 3 months & during our time there we found a property in the same area that we liked & bought so thats what we recomend as like in any country you get good houses & bad houses & good & bad neighbours & thats the thing that takes time to find out as depending on your age if your younger then going up & down stairs with a load of messages & gas bottles can be very tiring as can be in a complex with to many cars as you might find the car park is full & you have to park out in the street. But its safer to rent first as its done by a lot of people, Safe trip & if you need any Questions answered truthfully just ask by pm or email on here, But once you find the right property you will love it. Cheers Doug & Fay.
DuFay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Traceyanne » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:28 am

We bought 8 years ago as a holiday home and love it,no you can't get a bus but we have electric bikes and bike out for hours each day to areas around,as far as Santa pola, everywhere is open year round so that's great
We are in pueblo bravo area and love the walk into town,we prefer not to be on top of everything, all the best and I hope you get sorted
Traceyanne

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Kevdurham » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:34 am

Totally agree with the previous comment on renting first.
Selling your house in Spain is extortionate compared to the Uk
If you buy on an urbanisation ask lots of questions, holiday home can be fine but for permanent home can be very problematic
However Quesada is a good place to live
Kevdurham

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Maccaloon » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:40 pm

Kevdurham wrote:Totally agree with the previous comment on renting first.
Selling your house in Spain is extortionate compared to the Uk
If you buy on an urbanisation ask lots of questions, holiday home can be fine but for permanent home can be very problematic
However Quesada is a good place to live

what sort of problems and what sort of questions, Kevin? Please.
Maccaloon

Which part of Spain are you from?: London (currently)

Next