Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Carrefour destocking some UK products

Carrefour destocking some UK products

Postby Bee » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:14 pm

I saw this in today's paper.

Bee

France-based Carrefour, one of the world’s largest grocery chains, told customers Thursday it is pulling Lay’s, Doritos, Lipton teas and other PepsiCo products in protest of increased prices. Stores in France, Italy, Belgium and Spain will be affected, multiple news outlets reported. In a sign taped to certain aisles in stores, the company announced the decision and said it is “committed to lowering prices
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Carrefour destocking some UK products

Postby 300TDi » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:58 pm

Well done Carrefour.

Loads of companies price gouging. Pepsico revised their profits upwards 3 times last year. Hopefully Heinz will be next, theyre a disgrace and I refuse to buy anything until they get back to normal.
300TDi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rafal

Postby barb gibson » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:35 pm

Aboustly agree with you, they are just ripping people off.
barb gibson

Which part of Spain are you from?: rojales

Postby Philipb1407 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:48 pm

If only people would stand together and boycott, such action would force then to reduce their prices.
Philipb1407

Postby marcliff » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:51 pm

All those products are American, not UK.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Murt » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:08 am

Companies spend a fortune advertising their goods and creating brand awareness and convincing us that their product is the best on the market. When someone wants a particular item, the advertisement has told them that its the best product on the market. This subconsciously comes into their mind and they buy it as a result. It is usually one of the most expensive on the shelf.

Any time I'm shopping I love try other brands, particularly local brands and own brands. In many cases these are produced in the same factories as the more expensive branded products, using very much the same ingredients. Often I've found they taste better. If I like them, then I'm on a winner. If I don't, no harm done. Plenty more brands to try.
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf