Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Solar Panels

Solar Panels

Postby dlphorne » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:01 am

Has anybody had solar panels installed and are now having problems obtaining the government subsidy? Can anyone please advise where we can get help on this? Many thanks
dlphorne

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Solar Panels

Postby John1234 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:00 am

We had them installed 1 year ago and are still waiting

The installers in fairness said it could take upto 2 years and depends what funds are in the Valencia community pot for subsidies. Has anyone received the subsidy and how long did it take
John1234

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby TimSha1213 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:14 pm

Had panels fitted June 2023. Never given a date so just waiting .... perhaps for a long time lol
TimSha1213

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby 1946 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:01 am

You are lucky if you get a subsidy if your house was built illegally years and years ago you get nothing.

Which part of Spain are you from?: Valencia

Postby Wingnut » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:07 pm

Which government subsidy?
As far as I was aware you can apply for a discount off your annual IBI (my application was rejected after 9 months for having insufficient capacity installed for the square meterage of the house).
Also you can get a reduction to your annual income tax, but only the part of your tax bill that goes to the Valencian government. Obviously you need to have a sufficient tax liability to set the allowance against. The application process can only be carried out online and is a nightmare and also only in Spanish or Valencian. It took them so long to process my application that the invoice I paid at the end of 2022 was disallowed as being out of time.
Then i have heard of EU grants being available. I have paid a company to make the application on my behalf as I could not face any more aggravation filling in yet more incomprehensible forms. I await the outcome with zero optimism.
So to summarise, if you are considering installing solar panels you must weigh up the pros and cons without expecting ANY grants or allowances.
Plus, during the time of day you will be producing power, the cost of electricity and thus any saving or payment for the power you produce will be less and less as the years go by. This is because of the rapid expansion of installed solar panel farms producing ever cheaper power during daylight hours.
Wingnut

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby leapdarby » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:43 pm

We had panels installed in 2022, applied for the subsidy, a complete failure with the rules changing. The installation company finally appointed a company I could use as a proxy. Took all of 2023 to finally satisfy the valencia authorities that it was a legal installment and they accepted the forms/documents. Have no idea why the valencia authorities are so incompetent. The money for the subsidy originates from the EU, but they come across as it is money from valencia. Still waiting and as other subscriber states a continuous and un explainable request to fill in forms that have previously been submitted and accepted again and again. Perhaps I am not spanish is the reason.
leapdarby

Which part of Spain are you from?: monte azul