Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Naming Businesses

Re: Naming Businesses

Postby sam1975 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:17 am

Very true , business are struggling and people
put bad reviews because they have bad day or
unfortunlately bad experience . All this can be
resolved by talking to the owner . Instead of
putting a negative review because you are
annoyed for some reason. Bad review should
not be allowed.
sam1975

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby RJC » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:16 am

Bad experiences can repeat to others.
Look at the situation presently with the Post Office in the UK.
There is too much mis-placed protection, when there is a need for open transparency.
Unfortunately, there are 'cowboys' and and at times poor restaurants about.
If a restaurant is wrongly disparaged, more often than not others have come forward to sing their praises to set the situation right.
The site is especially valued for its openness and as a source for reliable recommendations. May this continue!
There is also a however a coterie of over-priced service providers who are put forward and 'favoured' because they have paid for on-site advertising.
Such recommendations can at at times be misleading and sometimes these recommendations are not based on personal experience.
RJC

Postby Steve wilkins » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:50 am

:text-goodpost:
RJC wrote:Bad experiences can repeat to others.
Look at the situation presently with the Post Office in the UK.
There is too much mis-placed protection, when there is a need for open transparency.
Unfortunately, there are 'cowboys' and and at times poor restaurants about.
If a restaurant is wrongly disparaged, more often than not others have come forward to sing their praises to set the situation right.
The site is especially valued for its openness and as a source for reliable recommendations. May this continue!
There is also a however a coterie of over-priced service providers who are put forward and 'favoured' because they have paid for on-site advertising.
Such recommendations can at at times be misleading and sometimes these recommendations are not based on personal experience.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby mondo » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:02 pm

A while ago we went to a local restaurant and told them my wife had an intolerance to lactose. They came with a notepad and wrote it all down.
The chicken came which tasted odd... it turns out it was cooked in butter!!!

It was obvious they didn't know butter was full of lactose... This could have had dire consequences.

Is it not a good idea to warn people of that fact?
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby apricorncup17 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:39 am

What about the wannabe bar owners, hairdressers, restaurant operators (allegedly), you know the ones I mean. They get off the plane at Alicante with a dream of running their own place and they have never even sniffed a beer mat and within a short space of time, they find a place and off they go! It’s fair to say that because of their lack of experience, that the very public who try and patronise these places are faced with all sorts of scenarios, usually not very complementary ones. Perhaps if these “dreamers” of being the next Peter Stringfellow or Gordon Ramsey could actually understand what hospitality is all about, then perhaps they might not get such a poor review, but what do they expect? It’s incumbent on these “operators” to drive standards and set the bar higher, instead of the 80% of “wannabe’s” who are everywhere. There are a very few bars and restaurants that shine, but they are there and that is a testament to the operation and the ability to be customer friendly, so hats off to them. :? Just before I put on my tin helmet, these are just my experiences and yes I have been in hospitality for over 40 years and yes, successfully, now retired. A question I would ask everyone is, Do you think it’s acceptable to just accept poor service and standards constantly?
apricorncup17

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Previous

Return to Quesada general discussion