Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Parking Ticket. Is appeal an option?

Parking Ticket. Is appeal an option?

Postby 300TDi » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:41 pm

Yesterday we had to take our dog into the vets in Almoradi. Right next to the vets is a parking zone which has a sign which allows loading and unloading for a maximum of 20 minutes.

Our dog could not walk, we literally had to carry him in and he is 31kgs. The appointment was at 11:30 and we parked at 11:29. We got a ticket stating the vehicle was not loading and unloading at 11:30 exactly. At 11:34 we have an email from the vet confirming we had to take him to the hospital in Guardamar. We went straight there and only saw the ticket when we parked in Guardamar.

Obviously I was not unloading commercial goods, I was unloading my dog in an emergency and was out of there in precisely 5 minutes. It just happened that the Policia Local must have went by a few moments after we went into the vets and issued the ticket. Very bad timing on our part.

Does anyone know if an appeal would work in such circumstances? Its a €60, reduced to €30 fine if paid quickly, sure its not a fortune, but with the vet bills and so on, it would be good not to have to pay it if they consider such circumstances as valid to squash the denuncia.

If it is possible, where would I go to appeal, or send an email showing the proof of appointment time and exit time, literally 5 minutes elapsed in total.
300TDi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rafal

Re: Parking Ticket. Is appeal an option?

Postby Paul M » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:24 pm

Save yourself the grief, just pay the €30.

Man gets denounced and repeatedly fined for his dog barking through the night and causing a disturbance. He eventually gave up trying to argue his case and deal with the gruelling bureaucracy and finally went to his solicitor.

Lawyers advice ‘just pay the fine’!

But I don’t even own a dog!!

Lawyer, ‘just pay the fine anyway’!
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Philipb1407 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:30 pm

300TDi wrote:Yesterday we had to take our dog into the vets in Almoradi. Right next to the vets is a parking zone which has a sign which allows loading and unloading for a maximum of 20 minutes.

Our dog could not walk, we literally had to carry him in and he is 31kgs. The appointment was at 11:30 and we parked at 11:29. We got a ticket stating the vehicle was not loading and unloading at 11:30 exactly. At 11:34 we have an email from the vet confirming we had to take him to the hospital in Guardamar. We went straight there and only saw the ticket when we parked in Guardamar.

Obviously I was not unloading commercial goods, I was unloading my dog in an emergency and was out of there in precisely 5 minutes. It just happened that the Policia Local must have went by a few moments after we went into the vets and issued the ticket. Very bad timing on our part.

Does anyone know if an appeal would work in such circumstances? Its a €60, reduced to €30 fine if paid quickly, sure its not a fortune, but with the vet bills and so on, it would be good not to have to pay it if they consider such circumstances as valid to squash the denuncia.

If it is possible, where would I go to appeal, or send an email showing the proof of appointment time and exit time, literally 5 minutes elapsed in total.

If you go down the route of appealing, you have to pay the fine first then appeal. The time, cost of fuel and parking fee is going to cost you 50% (or more) than the fine will cost, then you have to have an interpreter, you then have to ask yourself, is it worth it? For what €30.00. If you pay €120 for an interpreter to attend the appeal and you lose that’s €150.00 down the drain. As it is you were not obeying the parking restrictions and although many people will sympathise with you, the authorities will not. To let you off means they have to let everyone off in which case what’s the point of having restrictions. I think you are throwing good money away. I hope your dog is better or gets better soon.
Philipb1407

Postby 300TDi » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:10 pm

Thanks for the advice. I hate giving up on stuff, but this was my original thoughts too, I just hoped there might be some easy route out.

Cheers.
300TDi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rafal

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:50 pm

Easy?? You're in Spain, nothings easy. Pay the 30, done n Dusted. My cousin was moaning like mad as he got a ticket for popping in to get some fags in and out, I said it was illegal parking still he moaned, thought because he was only 2 mins he shouldn't have got one. Still moaning today
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Peter3 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:32 pm

If he had only parked on a corner and put hazard lights on !
Peter3

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Littlechris » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:31 pm

Or aka Spanish on a zebra crossing.
Littlechris

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul M » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:48 pm

Hazard lights are known as parking lights in Spain
:text-lol:
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby millies123 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:15 am

300TDi wrote:Yesterday we had to take our dog into the vets in Almoradi. Right next to the vets is a parking zone which has a sign which allows loading and unloading for a maximum of 20 minutes.

millies123

Which part of Spain are you from?: la Zenia

Postby millies123 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:15 am

millies123

Which part of Spain are you from?: la Zenia