Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car insurance

Car insurance

Postby Luckjockey » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:26 am

Hi all. Bought a new car yesterday and as you would expect everything is included in the agreed price with the exception of the insurance. The dealer informed me that he will get competitive quotes and offer me the best options open the day I collect the car. No problem. When I went away and thought about this I was a bit wary as in my experience, buying insurance from dealers can be twice as much as sourcing personally. Anyway, I messaged the dealer to ask for the vehicle details to which he provided me everything with the exception of the registration. When I asked what it was, he told me that I would not have it until I came in to pick up the vehicle.

Is this information correct? Surely they must have access to the registration plate information?

Also, what information do we need here to successfully insure a car?

I feel like I’m being rail rolled into taking there insurance with no option to go elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.
Luckjockey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Car insurance

Postby marcliff » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:56 am

You can arrange insurance with any company of your choice. The insurance company will ring you at the time you pick up your car and the dealer will give them the registration then.

They will then email a cover note to your phone or to the dealer who will be able to print it for you.
That's what happened with me on the three occasions I've bought a new car and only once did I have the reg number before collection.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: Car insurance

Postby Luckjockey » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:59 am

:text-thankyouyellow:
Luckjockey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada