Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Iberdrola Advice

Iberdrola Advice

Postby marcliff » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:29 pm

Getting a "tip and advice" email from Iberdrola to say my electric consumption has risen 30% since last month and giving me tips on how to reduce my use.

Guess what? We had a very hot December and no heating required. This month it's got freezing (well, slight exaggeration) and have actually had to use heating and for quite some time. Also now I am in big boy trousers again and thick jumpers etc. Just sticking the polo shirt and shorts with no socks etc in the washing machine was hardly on. Now the thing seems to be on at least three times a week (thankfully we still don't need driers).

Those nice BBQ outside and salad heavy stuff has been replaced by hearty stews and curries etc. so the stove and oven are on for far longer than last month. Oh, and you've increased the tax (well, the government has) on the electricity as well from this month so it doesn't take the brains of an Archbishop to work out why it's gone up 30% since last month.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: Iberdrola Advice

Postby Brewingdog » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:41 am

It's pretty good of them to get in touch. I've had several similar emails. When we tracked our usage lately we found one particular heater was using a lot of electricity. We've been told our usage is far higher than our neighbours, the community is all but abandoned most of the year, so that's no surprise. What I didn't realise when taking out the Estable tariff is that there are all different levels of cost on the plan for electric consumption. We were given something like .21 cents per kWh and others on the same plan get .12 disheartening is not the word.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Postby wilbhoy67 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:10 am

Check your contract as we're 12cents during the off peak but 21c on the regular hours.
wilbhoy67

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby Andrew Hardy » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:15 am

Brewingdog wrote:It's pretty good of them to get in touch. I've had several similar emails. When we tracked our usage lately we found one particular heater was using a lot of electricity. We've been told our usage is far higher than our neighbours, the community is all but abandoned most of the year, so that's no surprise. What I didn't realise when taking out the Estable tariff is that there are all different levels of cost on the plan for electric consumption. We were given something like .21 cents per kWh and others on the same plan get .12 disheartening is not the word.

The rates charges are often the going rate at the time. It's worth tracking as if it drops you are able to switch at any time without penalty.
Andrew Hardy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Brewingdog » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:19 am

Andrew Hardy wrote:
Brewingdog wrote:It's pretty good of them to get in touch. I've had several similar emails. When we tracked our usage lately we found one particular heater was using a lot of electricity. We've been told our usage is far higher than our neighbours, the community is all but abandoned most of the year, so that's no surprise. What I didn't realise when taking out the Estable tariff is that there are all different levels of cost on the plan for electric consumption. We were given something like .21 cents per kWh and others on the same plan get .12 disheartening is not the word.

The rates charges are often the going rate at the time. It's worth tracking as if it drops you are able to switch at any time without penalty.

Thanks for the advice, how to I track. Where would I find the off peak rate I'm paying.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Postby marcliff » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:49 am

Brewingdog wrote:]
Thanks for the advice, how to I track. Where would I find the off peak rate I'm paying.

It's on your bill. My last bill has two rates for the power supplied per kw per day
Peak 0,087 and off peak 0.004

Then I'm on the choose your 8 hours which is non promotional 19 cents per kw and promotional (0800 to 1100 and 1700 to 2200) 0,081 per kw.
marcliff

Postby Dora » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:23 am

They are sending these emails randomly most of my friends have had excactly
The same email .
Dora

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby Paul Bos » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:12 am

If you download the Iberdrola app you can check your consumption everyday and every hour of the day yourself……
Paul Bos

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby marcliff » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:41 pm

I see they have now upped the IVA to 10% from 5% and the electricity tax from 0.5% to 2.5%.
Bill still only just over 60 euro but we haven't used as much heating this year.
marcliff

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:00 pm

My dad's was 74 euros this month, they have the Aircon on for about an hour before the log fire kicks in, and have the Aircon on in one bedroom and hour before carer goes to bed, not too bad I thought. Washing machine most days, TV all day, can't grumble so far.

marcliff wrote:I see they have now upped the IVA to 10% from 5% and the electricity tax from 0.5% to 2.5%.
Bill still only just over 60 euro but we haven't used as much heating this year.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja