Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Private healthcare

Private healthcare

Postby apricorncup17 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:15 am

What a conundrum. Due to our Gestor (who is no longer our gestor) cocking up our year 2-3 NLV, we were faced with going back to Uk and applying all over again, or stay here for 3 years and apply for arraigo social, which has caveats attached, such as being able to speak the language (more than I think we’ll be able to achieve) given that the 3 years here will be in June this year. This balls up has created far reaching situations, one being I cannot use my S 1 form to transfer to the Spanish health service, because we do not have the current TIE ( thanks to the gestor), consequently we have Spanish private health cover and now I have been refused an MRI scan because of a pre existing condition, their words not mine, but when I spoke to the broker 2 years ago, I told her that I did have an issue with my knee, but she advised to wait a year before going back and “claiming” as it would be more beneficial if I did. It has got to the point whereby we are seriously considering returning to the UK, which we don’t want to do, but I believe the broker has advised me incorrectly, which seems par for the course here, no one seems to want to do the right thing. The immigration lawyer who,I have spoken with has told me that if we are accepted for Arraigo social, then we can transfer onto the Spanish health system and I wonder if I could then have the scan free of charge and possibly a procedure to fix it. Has anyone else had a similar scenario?
apricorncup17

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Private healthcare

Postby Welshboy » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:56 pm

Why not pay privately for the MRI? Literally a pain but at least you get somewhere toward getting the knee sorted.My only caveat is,if the MRI shows you heed a replacement will your healthcare cover it? Protheses at Quiron cost circa 3500e and not covered by my healthcare...though the ops etc were.
Welshboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar