Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Anybody had their Wise account compromised

Anybody had their Wise account compromised

Postby tel49 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:11 pm

I had a restaurant showing a charge for a meal appear on my Wise account on Christmas eve in Asia, no way.
Wise said it will take about seven days with a dispute raised against it, It was pending and was not claimed by the restaurant, so it was cancelled. There was two identical amounts. Thinking all is well in early January 2024 I logged into Wise to add some money, BUT I found a new currency account had been added. My euro account monies were transferred to this new Asia currency and another payment was showing also. I reported immediately with Wise and changed my password, froze my card and applied for a new one. Wise said a new card is available and you will get it 12th january, well its not here yet. I have sent emails to Wise and phoned them with a chat to one of their guys who
said it should take a week, nine days on not settled still. When I contacted them with, how was this possible to do and they asked for an ID check to make sure it is me LOL, sent them all they needed and next day they confirmed all was okay with it and by now my account was temporarily blocked when I signed in. After thinking this is going on to long I read UNBLOCK option on my account so I tried that. It said the ID you sent was not clear enough to read etc, but it was in fact very clear!!! Login in on my phone now says do it again on the phone after checking all there security signs said okay I sent another pic of myself an some ID once more. Next day they email me confirmation all okay with ID etc.
Today 13th January still no news, so you cannot phone them after Friday until Monday wow. So you can email us and we will get back to you which a reply came actually today saying its being dealt with and no update yet.
Last edited by tel49 on Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tel49

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Anybody had their Wise account complimised

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:30 am

That's very worrying for you, hope it's sorted soon. Not good.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Anybody had their Wise account compromised

Postby tel49 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:52 pm

Chrisdee wrote:That's very worrying for you, hope it's sorted soon. Not good.

Thank you Chrisdee
tel49

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Anybody had their Wise account compromised

Postby Kingy0 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:57 pm

Yes, someone tried to take money for something in USA. Wise actually stopped it. Couldn't get a straight answer from them really.long and short I cancelled my card immediately and have not requested a new one. So I just use it now for paying the direct debit bills.
Kingy0

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin