Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Brittany Ferries Rosslare to Santander video

Re: Brittany Ferries Rosslare to Santander video

Postby BohsPaul » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:54 pm

Hi Murt, which route do you take from Bilbao
, Madrid or Zaragoza. And if you have used both which do you find better. Paul
BohsPaul

Postby Philipb1407 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:14 am

I have flown to Alicante, Drove in a car to Dover and got the ferry to Calais, Drove in a car to Folkestone and used the tunnel to Calais, I have drove by car to Plymouth for the Ferry to Santander and drove by car to Portsmouth for the ferry to Santander.
But by far the best way to travel to Ciudad Quesada is by a motorhome we use a 8 metre Swift Kon Tiki Grand Prix 794 island bed motorhome, whether through Dover/Calais or Plymouth/Santander or Portsmouth Santander. Taking 3 or 4 nights if via Calais or 1 night if via Santander.
That pleasant drive, chills you out, you eat at a table outside if it’s warm and dry, or inside if it’s cold or inclement. You sleep in your own bed, shower in your own bathroom. You divert at will, see beautiful vistas, meet wonderful people.
I can’t think of a better way to get to Ciudad Quesada. To date, the Ferry across the bay of Biscay, 6 crossings has all been very smooth, the crossing to Calais was smooth too, obviously the tunnel is quick and smooth but there’s a longer wait to board the train, it’s normally 30 mins/1 hour longer from arriving to getting on your way with the tunnel than the Dover ferry even though the sailing is 50 mins longer on the boat.
Obviously it’s 1 or 2 nights when doing Santander, depending on the route.
If you don’t live in Spain and need to travel there’s no better way.
We dedicate 4.0 months for motorhome travelling (2 months of which in Europe), 4.0 months at the villa and 4.0 months at home.
We are on the way back to Ciudad Quesada soon, we are so looking forward to it..
Philipb1407

Postby Murt » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:17 pm

BohsPaul wrote:Hi Murt, which route do you take from Bilbao
, Madrid or Zaragoza. And if you have used both which do you find better. Paul

I've used both. Much of a muchness to tell the truth Paul, but the single one off €30 odd toll fee for the Zaragoza to Bilbao motorway stretch really stung.

I didn't book accommodation in advance, just booked on the road, so hadn't that to worry about.
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby BohsPaul » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:26 pm

I've used both. Much of a muchness to tell the truth Paul, but the single one off €30 odd toll fee for the Zaragoza to Bilbao motorway stretch really stung.

I didn't book accommodation in advance, just booked on the road, so hadn't that to worry about.[/quote]

Thanks Murt , heading down in April. I might just have to toss a coin .
BohsPaul

Previous