Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Snow in Quesada

Snow in Quesada

Postby PhilipGilbert2016 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:22 am

Today is the 7th anniversary of seeing snow in Quesada for many years. On the 17th January 2017 we woke up to a smattering of snow in the garden as seen in the photo attached. I had to go into town early that morning and it had an almost carnival atmosphere with all the Spanish workers outside taking selfies in the flurries. Here we are today, seven years later, with a forecast of 24 degrees! Amazing!
PhilipGilbert2016

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Snow in Quesada

Postby nannyabroad » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:14 am

I remember that day, and was in Mercadona shopping, got to the tills, and no staff, as you say all outside taking pictures.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby El Buho » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:23 am

nannyabroad wrote:I remember that day, and was in Mercadona shopping, got to the tills, and no staff, as you say all outside taking pictures.

Ditto at Gamas in Doña Pepa, and no wonder because it was the first snow in this area for over 90 years.

Thank you Philip for reminding us of the date, just where has that 7 years gone.
El Buho

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Gasgit » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:51 pm

What a difference a day make,a wonderful surprise if you like that sort of thing, sun is much nicer
Gasgit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa Flamenca

Postby Mickey Braw » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:14 pm

I was at Campoamor golf hotel having a meal with my missus, we sat in the window for coffee and I said, d’you know I’m sure it’s going to snow and sure enough as we drove home via San Miguel it started coming down quite heavily. As said, many people videoing. Next day we went up to the Jalon Valley and came home over the mountains via Polop. There was a lot of snow there and many Spanish were driving along with mini snowmen that they had built on the bonnet of their cars, scarves, hats, the lot.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby elchedave » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:02 pm

El Buho wrote:
nannyabroad wrote:I remember that day, and was in Mercadona shopping, got to the tills, and no staff, as you say all outside taking pictures.

Ditto at Gamas in Doña Pepa, and no wonder because it was the first snow in this area for over 90 years.

Thank you Philip for reminding us of the date, just where has that 7 years gone.

Sorry to disagree but we had snow & had to scrape ice off the car in the early 2000's can't remember the exact year but that was near the golf course in Quesada ( La Marquesa)
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby frankymc » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:50 pm

We were in Guardamar locals were out taking photos on the beach.
frankymc

Postby Nolito » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:38 pm

elchedave wrote:
El Buho wrote:

Sorry to disagree but we had snow & had to scrape ice off the car in the early 2000's can't remember the exact year but that was near the golf course in Quesada ( La Marquesa)

I think that seeing no snow here in 15 plus years does actually make first snow in many years' !
Nolito

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby elchedave » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:00 am

Sorry to disagree but we had snow & had to scrape ice off the car in the early 2000's can't remember the exact year but that was near the golf course in Quesada ( La Marquesa)[/quote]

I think that seeing no snow here in 15 plus years does actually make first snow in many years' ![/quote]

Maybe so, but the post says "the first snow in this area for over 90 years" that is what i am disagreeing with.
elchedave

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:06 am

Be thankful it’s only a nice memory. We’ve had snow here for 3 days. Countryside looks beautiful but it’s very cold. We have a mass public services strike on in NI on the coldest day and sadly, they are wasting their time. I wish they go home and get warmed up. Politicians leave a lot to be desired.
It’s -8 degrees in Glasgow but too cold for snow. Get your deck chairs ready and relax in the sun and think of all the poor people that can’t afford to heat their homes. An awful situation to be in.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Next