Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Non farmed fish and meat

Non farmed fish and meat

Postby Babsie » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:55 pm

Just seen a programme on Netflix'You are what you eat' showing deformed chickens, fish,cattle because they are so close to each other and don't have room to move.
I found it very distressing and wondered if there was anywhere I could buy non farmed .Mercadona and Consum only do farmed. I know I could become vegetarian before someone suggests it, and we actually only eat red meat about once a week but do like fish and chicken. Anyone got any ideas? When we first came here 20 years ago you could buy fresh fish from the fishermen as they brought them in. Can we still do that? If so which area? Thank you for your help.
Babsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Non farmed fish and meat

Postby marcliff » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:12 pm

F
Last edited by marcliff on Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby steve2577 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:36 pm

There are loads of programs on YouTube about factory farming does make you think but I still eat meat.

A colleague of mine years ago installed a computer system at a British famous meat factory the next day he became vegetarian I don’t know what he saw but hadn’t eaten meat in over 20 years.

I suppose if we alll had a bit of exposure to actually killing and eating an animal we might modify our eating habits.

Just finished a nice bit of pork for tea
steve2577

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Babsie » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:40 pm

We went away one year to a farm and watched the baby lambs when we got back home we had lamb chops and my hubby said oh you might be eating the little lamb we saw last week. I stopped eating and was a vegetarian for three years but then I started eating meat again as I do enjoy chicken and some meat but hate the way the animals are abused and fed rubbish to fatten them up or grow quicker that's why I prefer non farmed. Thank you for your respinse
Babsie

Postby Babsie » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:50 pm

Thank you Marcliff for your thorough and useful response and I will certainly follow it through. My son has always been interested in nutrition and has done many courses on it so we talk about it a lot in the family but until I saw this video I was not fully aware of how animals are so cruelly treated in order to fatten them up or make them grow quicker and fed with rubbish which at the end of the day ends in our stomachs. So I am pleased I saw the video as it made us both wake up and think what we are eating and now only want natural food where possible. Our son has been trying to tell us for years .
Babsie

Postby Babsie » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:17 am

just a carch up on non farmed meat and fish. As Marclillff said Carrefpur have some meat but limited and nice selection of chicken but all their fish is farmed. However found non farmed sardines, melutha, and baculao ( cod) at Consum so very pleased. thank you again for pointing this out to me.
Babsie