Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Ring doorbell

Ring doorbell

Postby Steve and Jackie » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:36 pm

Hi
Hopefully someone can advise.
I was told by someone I cannot install a Ring Doorbell as it will show the public highway, it wouldn't view anybody else's property. My Ring Doorbell doesn't record it is purely for using as a normal doorbell and to speak to people live as the gate is a distance from the property. If this is the case then surely dashcams are also not allowed.
Steve and Jackie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Ring doorbell

Postby Graham_Lynn » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:00 am

Which is probably the reason that there is so much red tape over the use of dash cams as well.
No dash cams are not illegal but they must comply with the data protection rules. It’s a similar law on privacy that can be applied to any video recording.
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby billogs » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:33 pm

My neighbour had the police visit him when another neighbour reported that he was recording the street. When he explained it was just a doorbell they went away Happy enough
billogs

Postby Steve and Jackie » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:57 pm

billogs wrote:My neighbour had the police visit him when another neighbour reported that he was recording the street. When he explained it was just a doorbell they went away Happy enough

Thanks
Steve and Jackie

Postby Diane daya vieja » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:07 pm

I believe if it’s filming a public area it’s ok. You can’t have it pointed at a private neighbours property
Diane daya vieja

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera