Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Rough idea

Rough idea

Postby dr.doolittle » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:41 pm

On cost please, taking a Spanish car to UK, cost of changing headlights, number plates etc. to English ones.
dr.doolittle

Re: Rough idea

Postby Paul58 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:01 pm

dr.doolittle wrote:On cost please, taking a Spanish car to UK, cost of changing headlights, number plates etc. to English ones.

Is this a RHD car initially registered in the UK? Or LHD Spanish registered from new?
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby dr.doolittle » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:26 pm

RHD but with Spanish lights and plates. 20 years old.
dr.doolittle

Postby jpeg » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:16 pm

You will ust ned to reregister the car over to UK at the Tax Office and they will give you a new Reg Number ,get a set of plates made put them on and as long as the car has a UK MOT certificate and Road Fund Duty is paid you are good to go
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Darro » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:05 pm

You also need to complete the NOVA procedure within 14 days of the car landing, this applies even if it was originally a UK car.

https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/telling-hmrc
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Philipb1407 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:39 pm

dr.doolittle wrote:On cost please, taking a Spanish car to UK, cost of changing headlights, number plates etc. to English ones.

I brought my RHD car back to the UK, it was UK registered in December 2016, I registered it in Spain in November 2019, brought it back January 2022. It had altered lights in Spain.
When checked at the MOT station there was no difference with the lights.
So I filled in the paperwork and sent copies of all the Spanish paperwork to HMRC, Belfast, I sent it by email. 10 days later I got a letter saying I had to pay road fund and have a mot and then insure it, they sent the registration number, I sent the letter by email to the DVLA and paid the registration fee of the first year Road tax, I think it was £165.00, that was also including the registration fee, I booked it in for a MOT, it passed and it was recorded £50.00. I insured it £345.00. Done dusted in 16 days. I for my peace of mind also had it serviced that cost me £280.00.
2litre Auto, BMW 420D. Convertible. Note I was advised if I had booked a MOT I could drive it to the MOT station without any penalty as long as I could prove my booking, plates cost me £22.50. I insured it under its new Reg before driving to the MOT. 4 weeks later the V5C arrived.
Philipb1407

Return to Quesada general discussion