Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Water leak insurance

Water leak insurance

Postby Paul Uden » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:54 pm

There seems to have been a lot of water leaks reported in the last year or so. We've not had one in 20 years, but it's made me think more about my house insurance renewal due in February.

So, has anyone actually had a leak, got a substantial water bill (€1k+) and successfully reclaimed it via their insurance? I'm deciding between Ibex and Generali/Spanish Insurance. I've been with Generali forever and Ibex is quite a bit more expensive, but wondering if anyone can recommend either based on an actual claim please?
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Re: Water leak insurance

Postby nannyabroad » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:17 pm

Had unfortunately two leaks, Ibex paid up and repaired both times. No arguments fortunately.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby Paul Uden » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:36 pm

nannyabroad wrote:Had unfortunately two leaks, Ibex paid up and repaired both times. No arguments fortunately.

Thank you. I have heard good reports about Ibex which is why I got them to quote. Although the repairs cover looks good at up to €3000, the actual water loss cover looks to be limited to €500 and I've heard of bills far higher than that. That was my concern, as well as the higher premium of course. What do you actually get back on your claims roughly?
Paul Uden

Postby sunworshipper » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:45 pm

We have Liberty Seguros insurance who cover loss of water up to 1000 euros from a leak. We have just had a water leak which the insurance came to repair but after detecting the leak and looking at the pipe said they could not repair it and said we could had 289 euros to get someone to repair it.
We asked Bradley Contruction to come and they repaired the leak and we paid him. We have yet to get the water bill and claim for that.!
Happy in the sun.
sunworshipper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul Uden » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:16 pm

sunworshipper wrote:We have Liberty Seguros insurance who cover loss of water up to 1000 euros from a leak. We have just had a water leak which the insurance came to repair but after detecting the leak and looking at the pipe said they could not repair it and said we could had 289 euros to get someone to repair it.
We asked Bradley Contruction to come and they repaired the leak and we paid him. We have yet to get the water bill and claim for that.!

OK thanks for that information.
Paul Uden

Postby Ger McEvoy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:46 am

We have just had a leak, sourced and fixed by Bradley Construction. Liberty Seguros covered Bradley's cost and a good proportion of the water bill, within three working days, and money was in our account five days later. We are very happy with both Bradley Construction and our Insurer's.
Ger McEvoy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby Paul Uden » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:11 am

Thank you all for the tips
Paul Uden

Postby mondo » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:09 am

We had a leak in our garden. Leaktech fixed it and together with the lost water it cost almost 1000 euros.

Liberty covered almost all the costs.

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar