Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

High street banking options

High street banking options

Postby Luckjockey » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:44 am

Hi. I need to open a Spanish bank account for several reasons. The main one is I need to obtain a bankers draft on the day I buy a property, and secondly house insurance. There is also services like direct debits that I will require. Can anyone therefore advise on a couple of things please?

Which bank is the cheapest on rates to use? Offers a cash point service and generally ease of use.

Thanks
Luckjockey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: High street banking options

Postby marcliff » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:59 am

t.
Last edited by marcliff on Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Philipb1407 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:11 pm

I bank with the Sabadell, I have no bank charges, I have a card and all my fees are paid by DD. I paid hundreds of thousands in though Currencies Direct to buy my Villa and the solicitor took daily payments at its maximum so I was not charged any fees for large money transfers. I gave him power of attorney, this was 2016.
I hold quite a substantial amount of Euros in the account. They have an English speaking department who are very helpful, they put a limit on your monthly spend on your card, but by going into the branch you can increase it from 1000 to 4000. You can withdraw 600 per day on your card or more if you go into the branch.
They have been very good over the years. No interest but hey I don’t want the tax issues.
Philipb1407

Postby suzi wong » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:37 pm

Do a search in the box above for what you want,there are loads of similar posts.If non resident avoid Spanish banks & use someone like Wise or similar.We used to use Sabadell but you get a poor exchange rate,quarterly fees of €40 last time we used them & a fee for transfers from a non EU bank.If you’re buying a property a small difference in exchange rate can make a substantial difference depending how much you are spending.Good luck
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby SC17 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:14 am

We bought our house 2 years ago. We started out with Sabadell and have mow moved to Santander. You do not need a bankers draft - you can pay the money by electronic transfer. At Santander we pay 10e per month. We took out house insurance with them and the monthly fee was not taken for a few months as a discount for 2 services. We always deal with Tatiana in the Quesada branch, she speaks decent English and is always super helpful. We have found the service from Santander much better than Sabadell. They have a high street branch, with ATM in Quesada.
SC17

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada