Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Small Electrical Appliances

Small Electrical Appliances

Postby RICSB » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:08 pm

Good morning everyone does anyone know of somebody who repairs small electrical items - I have a clothes steamer that keeps tripping the electric - it's only about 18 months old - any suggestions of somebody who could help would be gratefully received.
RICSB

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Small Electrical Appliances

Postby David Stokes » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:29 pm

Try using a plug point on a different circuit, some circuits are only 10amp, easy to overload. If it were a short in the iron it would be the RSD that would trip, not the circuit breaker.
David Stokes

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby jpeg » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:58 pm

still under warranty take it back
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Richard.H » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:50 am

David Stokes wrote:Try using a plug point on a different circuit, some circuits are only 10amp, easy to overload. If it were a short in the iron it would be the RSD that would trip, not the circuit breaker.

10amp circuit breaker will easily accommodate a 2kw load,I don't think a clothes steamer would be any higher than that.an RCD will trip due to an earth fault but not a fault between live and neutral, in that case the circuit breaker will trip.
Richard.H

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada