Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

state pension

Re: state pension

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:39 pm

Thanks Fred
jpeg wrote:Onewayservices will sign the form
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Darro » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:41 am

Gustav wrote:Thats exactly what thought, until my spanish solicitor recieved a phone call,to verify who I was,
Again from distant memory, there was something in the letter or accompanying paperwork to the effect that the credentials of a signatory were liable to verification.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Bee » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:19 am

These are the guidelines for the signatory to the Life Certificate. It says same as for a Passport.

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-if-you ... cumstances

https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications

In actual fact it can be anyone as long as they are not related to you by birth or marriage or live at the same address as you.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Jansl » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:49 am

Regarding the "Are you still alive" letter, I have the state pension & two small private ones. My verification forms seem to be on the 10th anniversary of the schemes starting. My DWP one is a story in istelf.
They mailed the form to my house address, which I nevver got. So a month later they mailed another, same result - the first thing I knew about it was they stopped my pension.
All in the middle of the pandemic, you can imagine the exciting hours on the phone.
Jansl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Darro » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:23 pm

Mr, Angry wrote:if its due on Monday it should go into your account midnight Friday preceding. mine always does and has never missed.
For the N'th time my wife's pension due tomorrow (Monday) has NOT been paid on the preceding Friday.
Darro

Postby Philipb1407 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:00 am

I know it’s normal to be contacted regularly to make sure you are still alive when receiving pensions, but there does seem to be a big push by government bodies asking for lots of information on taxable income and benefits recently. This seems to be when interest rates rose in the UK. My savings account rose from 0.10% to 5.08% in less than a year with Santander, there is a limit of 250,000 per account. Every month I have to remove the interest because if it goes over 250k, interest in all the account drops to 0%, meanwhile HMRC are sending new tax codes out based on interest gained, YBS is paying 4.08 on up to 500k issue 14 and 3.8% issue 12.. so each bank is telling HMRC what interest is paid and its then taxed. I have noticed that they want increasing amounts of info from me. Then the banks are on my back, stocks and shares investments, capital at risk, your investment may go down as well as up..checking it out the vast majority in 2 years, the investments have gone down!… I’m thinking I’ll buy a really big safe, draw all my money out and stuff the banks and tax man..
I think if you are alive and getting benefit income, it’s better to wear bullet proof vests….
Philipb1407

Postby Gustav » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:48 pm

If you got so much money, why worry about paying a bit of tax,
Or pay a good accountant,to pay even less, Or, Or bullet proof money belt!
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Darro » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:43 pm

Darro wrote:
Mr, Angry wrote:if its due on Monday it should go into your account midnight Friday preceding. mine always does and has never missed.
For the N'th time my wife's pension due tomorrow (Monday) has NOT been paid on the preceding Friday.

Just this minute message pinged up on my phone from Caxia to say it's arrived.

Exactly as anticipated.
Darro

Postby Singer » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:01 pm

Just a follow up to my earlier post in this thread about our experience with the Life Certificate forms from DWP. We had them witnessed by the Justice of the Peace in Rojales.

We posted them back to DWP, duly signed, on 1st February.

On 18th February (last Sunday) I had a text message from DWP saying: "We have processed your LIfe Certificate. You do not need to contact us." My wife had the same message yesterday.

All done.
Singer

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby jpeg » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:13 pm

Sent mine back before yours but no text message however they paid up the missed pension
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

PreviousNext