Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Cheaper in Spain.

Cheaper in Spain.

Postby Darro » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:02 pm

Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Re: Cheaper in Spain.

Postby Paul M » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:54 pm

Only read the headline but £700 a year sounds ridiculously low! You’d save that just on Council Tax, then you’ve got diesel / petrol at 20p a litre less than UK. Eating out, drinks etc; car servicing, road tax, cheaper home and car insurance, cheaper utilities and the list goes on.

I believe we’d need at least another three grand a year to live a similar lifestyle in the UK.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Big Wheeler » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:21 am

There is another road tax rise imminent in the UK which has not been widely publicised.Up to now I have paid £0 for my ved but I am due an unpleasant surprise on April 1st.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby marcliff » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:53 am

The article only refers to groceries, healthcare, travel and leisure and doesn't include things like council tax or rent. fuel costs or wate supply. More like 700 euro a month rather than 700 euro a year.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby wilbhoy67 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:37 am

I'd say about 30%-40% overall cheaper living in Spain,taking into account everything, including Suma,/council tax, leisure, travel etc..
wilbhoy67

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby Darro » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:38 am

You'd probably get a better picture from http://www.numbeo.com
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby 300TDi » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:33 pm

The article is absolute garbage.

It somehow manages to find that Ireland is cheaper to live than in the UK, laughable. Ireland is more expensive by a considerable margin. Just try and insure a car, or tax a car, nevermind the more expensive food and drink and everythign else.
300TDi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rafal

Postby pedrosloggett » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:07 pm

I have often wondered why we can get the quality of local services here for a fraction of the price of the council tax in the U.K. What do they do with all the money in England. Even then they can't manage it and several councils have run out of money. It cannot be down to the number of people as their income will be proportional to the numbers.
pedrosloggett

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:07 pm

pedrosloggett wrote:I have often wondered why we can get the quality of local services here for a fraction of the price of the council tax in the U.K. What do they do with all the money in England. Even then they can't manage it and several councils have run out of money. It cannot be down to the number of people as their income will be proportional to the numbers.

It's a guess, but presumably due to there being less services devolved to local council level in Spain and/or more central funding allocated to subsidising them.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Sligogent » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:55 pm

I find groceries somewhat cheaper in Republic of Ireland, not much, Fish is very expensive in Spain, Yes Car Insurance in Republic of Ireland is very expensive but we got no Water rates, Property Tax/Council charges cheaper, but House prices rising every year, and lack of Supply, I am trying to find a cheap bolthole in Ireland :text-lol:
Sligogent

Which part of Spain are you from?: Punta Prima